Eastside Bring Your Own Cup (BYOC)
Got your keys, phone, wallet, and CUP!?!
The Eastside is choosing reuse! The cities of Bellevue, Bothell, Kirkland, and Redmond have partnered to reduce waste from single-use cups.
Join the BYOC Campaign by bringing your own cup to Eastside coffee shops, celebrating reuse efforts in your community, and entering to win a reuse prize pack!
BYOC Passport Program
BYOC Passport Program
Participate in the BYOC passport program by:
- Picking up a BYOC Passport at an upcoming event, at a BYOC Coffee shop partner location, or click to download(PDF, 467KB) and print one now!
- Bring Your Own Cup to any BYOC-friendly coffee shop (map below) on the Eastside and receive a stamp, if they do not have a stamp write in the name of the shop on the passport.
- Get 5 stamps/write-in visits on your passport and submit by emailing an image to EastSideReusables@CascadiaConsulting.com.
*You must have 5 entries on your passport to be eligible to enter the raffle to win a reuse prize pack! Reuse prize pack raffle drawings will take place on May 22nd, 2023. You must submit your passport by May 21st to be eligible to win.
BYOC Pledge Events
Visit the BYOC campaign tent at one of the events below to sign the #ChooseReuse Pledge(PDF, 172KB) and receive a gift (while supplies last), enjoy free coffee, and learn about BYOC-friendly businesses.
April 19th, 4pm to 6pm Earth Day @ Kirkland Urban
April 21st, 9am to 1pm Evergreen Hospital Earth Day Fair
More events coming soon...
BYOC-Friendly Coffee Shops
Check out the following Eastside locations accepting BYOC today in this interactive map and refill your cup to do your part to reduce and prevent waste on the Eastside!
Reusables are Better for the Planet
- Over their lifecycle, reusable cups have lower greenhouse gas emissions compared to disposable alternatives.
Reusables Reduce Litter
- Transitioning to reusables helps prevent litter from ending up on the streets, in storm drains, and in rivers and lakes.
Reusables are Safe
- Washington State Retail Food Code allows businesses to refill personal beverage containers. Reusables are safe and do not spread Covid-19.
You can feel good about doing your part to prevent pollution and other harmful environmental impacts! Learn more about the many benefits of reusables by visiting upstreamsolutions.org.
Help spread the word about where to BYOC and share on social media using the #ChooseReuse hashtag!
BYOC Coffee Shop Partners
A special thank you to our BYOC partners! Bring your own cup to any of these businesses to receive a BYOC passport and stay tuned for special events and discounts!
Interested in adding your local business to the campaign? Contact us at EastSideReusables@CascadiaConsulting.com.
This Campaign is partly funded through the Department of Ecology and a partnership between the cities of Bellevue, Bothell, Kirkland, and Redmond.
Environmental Education and Outreach Specialist
City of Kirkland
email or call 425-587-3863