Kirkland Parks & Community Services
PROGRAM CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Certain programs may have specific cancellation requirements outside our general cancellation policy. For detailed information please refer to the specific programs below.
- Refund/credit granted if the withdrawal request is made at least five (5) business days prior to the start of the program, less a $10.00 administrative fee. The fee applies to each program withdrawn.
- 100% refund if the program is cancelled by Parks and Recreation.
- Program withdrawal request received one (1) to five (5) business days prior to the start of the program will result in a credit/refund of 50% of the registration fee.
- No refunds/credits will be issued if the request is made less than one business day prior to the start of the program, on, or after the first day of the program.
- No refunds/credits are issued for programs costing less than $10.00 or for Preschool Special Events.
- Transfers must be requested five (5) business days prior to the start of the program. (Except swim class notification of new level by swim instructor.)
- Online registrants, please note: transfers must be processed by Parks and Recreation staff. Online enrollments resulting in withdrawals are subject to the withdrawal policies listed above.
- Withdrawal requests are only processed during business hours (Monday-Friday, not including holidays, 8am-5pm). Please call us at 425-587-3350 (NKCC), 425-587-3360 (PKCC), 425-587-3330 (Parks – City Hall), our registration line 425-587-3336, or submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Sports Leagues
- Refund/credit granted if the withdrawal is requested two (2) weeks prior to the first scheduled match, less a $10.00 administrative fee
- Refunds will not be given after that date
Aquatics (All Swim Lessons)
- Registration closes at 4pm on the Thursday prior to the start of the beginning of the swim session. (Ex. Swim Session 1 starts June 5-15, 2023, registration closes June 1, 2023, at 4pm)
- Refund/credit granted if the withdrawal request is made at least five (5) business days prior to the start of the swim session, less a $10.00 administrative fee. The fee applies to each program withdrawn. (Ex: Swim Session 1 starts June 5-15, 2023, withdrawals received prior to May 25, 2023 before 5pm will be charged a $10 administrative fee)
- Program withdrawal request received the Friday before registration closes will result in a credit/refund of 50% of the registration fee. (Ex: Swim Session 1 starts on June 5-15, 2023, withdrawal request received between May 26 – June 1, by 4pm will receive a 50% refund)
- Once the registration has closed, all withdrawals, transfers, and waitlists are closed as well. No refunds will be given at this point.
Camps* / Clinics / Ice Skating
- Refund/credit granted if the withdrawal request is made at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of the program (4 weeks required for Ice Skating Camp), less a $10.00 administrative fee. The fee applies to each program withdrawn from. (The Junior Day Camp, Peter Kirk Day Camp, Peter Kirk After School Camp* and Peter Kirk After School Camp Transportation* have a $25 non-refundable and non-transferable fee.)
- No refunds/credit will be granted with less than two (2) weeks' notice.
- *For withdrawals in the Peter Kirk After School Camp and Peter Kirk After School Camp Transportation, a refund/credit less the $25 deposit will be granted if a withdrawal request is received at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of the new month. No refunds/credits will be granted with less than two (2) weeks’ notice.
Pee Wee Soccer League
- Withdrawal requests received after the coaches’ meeting, normally two weeks before the first program meeting date will not receive a refund. The coaches’ meeting marks the official start of the program.
Preschool Special Events (ex: Monster Bash, Cereal with Santa, Snowflake Ball, Mermaid Ball, etc.)
- No refunds are granted for these events. All registrations are final.
Van Trip Registration & Policy:
- Cancellations requested more than one week prior to the Van Trip are subject to a $10 processing fee. Cancellations requested less than one week prior to the Van Trip receive a 50% refund minus a $10 processing fee. Cancellations requested Van Trip Day receive no refund.
- Van trips requiring pre-purchased tickets are non-refundable. This includes all special events. (Theater, movies, cruises, etc.)
- All van trips depart promptly from the west side of the Peter Kirk Community Center. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure, as no refunds will be issued for missed rides.
- Withdrawals requested prior to the registration closure date will include a $10.00 administration fee per program withdrawn
- Withdrawals requested after registration closes but before first day of practice will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee
- No refunds will be issued after the first day of team practice
FACILITY CANCELLATION POLICY
Once a reservation is made, the Cancellation Policy applies. All cancellations must be made in writing (email is acceptable to email@example.com).
For Facility Use cancellations of Heritage Hall & the Centennial Gardens, North Kirkland Community Center, Peter Kirk Community Center, Marina Park Pavilion, picnic shelters, picnic areas, and the Peter Kirk Pool, the following apply:
- 61+ days’ notice prior to reservation date, 100% of the Rental Fee paid will be refunded, less a Cancellation Fee
- 30 to 60 days’ notice prior to reservation date, 50% of the Rental Fee paid will be refunded, less a Cancellation Fee
- 0 to 29 days’ notice prior to reservation date, no refund will be issued.
- Rental changes, if applicable, are subject to a $25 administrative fee. If a rescheduled rental is canceled, the original reservation date is used for the cancellation policy above.