Skip to main content
Mobile Navigation Icon
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page Share this page

Facility Rentals

  • Heritage Hall 202px
  • Marina Park Pavilion
  • Everest Field

Thank you for considering Kirkland Parks for your event!  Kirkland’s beautiful parks and facilities are wonderful locations for holding events ranging from family picnics or birthday parties to weddings. Not all Kirkland Parks are offered as event sties, however many locations are. We welcome you to peruse through our inventory of available park locations and permit options to find the right fit for your needs.

How To Find the Right Location

An individual description of each picnic shelter, picnic area, indoor facility and field location is provided by clicking on a park location to the left or above. A table/matrix of all rental sites - picnic shelters, picnic areas, and indoor facilities, etc. -  with event capacity, site offerings and location special features is available here Parks Rental Site Information (PDF - 215k). A complete list of all athletic fields the City of Kirkland offers is available here City of Kirkland Athletic Field Inventory (detailed) (PDF - 416k). The On-Line Parks Guide (a city map of all of Kirkland’s parks) is also available.

Do I Need a Permit and What Kind of Permit Do I Need?

A permit may or may not be needed for your gathering. The City of Kirkland Parks and Community Services Department issues the following types of event permits:


  • Facility Use Permits (organized use of a facility, park space and/or athletic fields for a private by invitation only gathering)
  • Formal Field Use Permits (formal use of fields by leagues, organizations, etc.)
  • Park Use Permits (events open to the public, contained within a park)
  • Special Event Permits (festivals, runs, walks, etc.)
  • Community Program Permits (on-going activities/events such as Farmer’s Markets or Performing Arts Series)
  • Film/Photography Permits (use of a park for filming or photography)
  • Block Party Permits (neighborhood gatherings within a residential setting)

Assistance with a Special Event, Community Program Event, Film/Photography Permit, Block Party Permit and a Park Use Permit can be found at the Special Events page. For assistance with how to apply for a Facility Use Permit or Field Use Permit, read on!

How To Apply For a Permit and Check Availability

  1. Figure out what kind of permit is needed for your event. See the “Do I Need a Permit and What Kind of Permit Do I Need” section above.
  2. Read the guidelines and application requirements for the type of event your planning:
  3. Check for the minimum timeframe required for a reservation/permit within the rental policies. For example, 30 calendar days is required for NKCC and PKCC rentals and Facility Use Permits.
  4. Check the fees associated with an event:
  5. NEW! For private party use of a picnic Area, Visit to Check Availability and Book On-Line! To check availability for all other facilities or fields and to discuss your event see the contact name, phone number and email address list on each facility's web page. 

  6. Apply - Regulation and application materials are available on each individual park page. Requirements, application steps and timelines are detailed within the rental materials provided for each location and/or permitting process above.

How To Request A Ball Field

There are two different types of athletic field use – informal and formal. Applications for fields can be accepted at any time throughout the year, although most uses occur from March 1st through September 30th. Please read on for information that will assist with increasing the chances of scheduling a field.  How to Request an Athletic Field (PDF - 274k)

Ballfield Rainout Hotline

Please call 425.587.3345 to access our Ballfield Rainout Hotline. Rainout information is provided for games only at Lee Johnson, Crestwoods, Everest, 132nd Square and Juanita Beach fields. Leagues are responsible for independently raining out other locations and practices. Rainout information will be updated weekdays by 11:00 a.m. (earlier as necessary on days with games) and by 7:30 a.m. on weekends. It will only be updated again if necessary.

New Athletic Field Use Tier 2 Status Assistance Pilot Program

The City of Kirkland Parks and Community Services Department is excited to introduce a new pilot program - the Athletic Field Use Tier 2 Status Assistance Program, which may provide qualified applicants (organizations who provide new, unique and emerging recreational programs) two years of assistance during the field allocation process by aiding with the 65% residency requirement. The City hopes that through this program, qualified and successful programs expand and diversify recreational opportunities available for the Kirkland community. (Note the program aids in residency consideration only. Field Use Fees remain applicable per policy.)

For additional information about Tier 2 Status Assistance Pilot Program, please see the Quick Links section within the Athletics Field webpagee

Deadlines to to apply

  • December 1st for the First Season Consideration
  • May 1st for the Second Season Consideration

Parks Department Hours:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
123 5th Ave  Kirkland, WA 98033

General Inquiries
T. 425.587.3300 | F. 425.587.3303
Report an Issue
After Hours Parks Maintenance Needs
T. 425.864.3431