Skip to main content
Mobile Navigation Icon
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page Share this page


Frequently Asked Questions

Regarding the City of Kirkland's Marina, Parks and Facilities

Q: Can I bring my pet to the park?

A: See our brochure Bringing Your Pet to Kirkland Parks.

Q: How long can I leave my boat at the public docks?

A: For a fee, overnight moorage (determined by boat length) is available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a maximum stay allowance of 72 hours in a seven day period (stay for five days, leave for seven, and come on back).

Q: Is there parking available for boat trailers?

A: There is a limited number of parking spaces available. Parking for boat trailers is available at Heritage Park, on the corner of Market Street and Waverly Way. 

Q: How much does a boat launch permit cost?

A: Kirkland Residents...................$60.00

Annual permits may be purchased at the Parks and Community Services office located at City Hall - 123 5th Ave Kirkland, WA 98033, Lower Level.  If requesting resident discount you must bring proof of Kirkland residency.

Office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday except holiday weeks. Boat length 24' or less. Boat launch card required April 1st through October 31st.

Q: Can I decorate outdoor public art (e.g. sculptures)?

The City adopted a public art maintenance policy that allows for the respectful decoration of public art on "first come, first serve" basis.  The Park Maintenance Division is responsible for the maintenance of the City's outdoor public art. Decorations are allowed to foster public enjoyment of the art and a sense of community.  Decorations are allowed for one week. Persons applying such decorations are responsible for removing them.  Call the Parks Maintenance Division at 425-587-3340 for more information. (View full policy PDF)

Q: Is alcohol allowed in the parks?

A: With a permit, alcohol may be allowed at Heritage Hall, Marina Park Pavilion, the North Kirkland Community Center  and the Peter Kirk Community Center only. Any person seeking to host a private event at which alcohol will be consumed must meet permitting requirements during the application process. Alcohol is not allowed without a permit.

Q: Can I bring a barbecue grill to use in any Kirkland park?

A: Gas barbecues ONLY (no charcoal) can be brought to most parks except: Juanita Bay Park, Watershed Park, Heronfield Wetlands, Cotton Hill Park, Totem Lake Park, Kirkland Cemetery, Forbes Lake Park, Kiwanis Park or Yarrow Bay Park.

Q: Can a park be reserved for a private event?

A: Gatherings of 10 or more people may require a Park Permit. Please see the facility rental information page on this website for available locations and contact information.

Q: Does the parks department have a hall or rooms for rent?

A: Heritage Hall or the Marina Park Pavilion can be rented, please see the facility rental page for contact information.  North Kirkland Community Center  and the Peter Kirk Community Center have rooms available for rent,  please see the facility rental page for contact information.

Q: Can I volunteer my time to Parks?

A: From agency-sponsored events such as United Way's Day of Caring, to students earning their high school community service credits, volunteers perform variety of beneficial services to our 38 parks and more than 500 acres of park land. We have several annual events which benefit our community. We welcome your ideas.

To learn more ways to volunteer, visit our Volunteer Opportunities webpage which includes contact information.

Q: Can I donate a park bench, picnic table, water fountain, tree, etc. to a park?

Funds for amenities such as benches, trees and plant materials are regularly donated to the City by community members to enhance the beauty of our parks. Items are often purchased as a memorial to a loved one, or to honor a living relative. Some items can be mounted with a bronze plaque inscribed by the benefactor. Land and scholarships can also be donated. Call (425) 587-3330 or email

Q: How do I reserve a ball field?

A: Ball fields can be reserved for league use or for private events. For information, call (425) 587-3330 or email

Call early as fields are in high demand.

Q: Can I donate surplus plant and tool supplies from my home?

A: The answer varies, call (425) 587-3341 or

Parks Department Hours:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
123 5th Ave  Kirkland, WA 98033

General Inquiries
T. 425.587.3300 | F. 425.587.3303
Report an Issue
After Hours Parks Maintenance Needs
T. 425.864.3431