Rules for Off-Leash Areas
- Off-leash dog areas are open from dawn until dusk.
- All dogs must be actively supervised by their owner or handler, who are responsible for the behavior of dogs under their supervision.
- Owners and handlers must clean up after dogs and properly dispose of pet waste.
- Dogs must be leashed when outside of the designated off-leash area. This includes parking lots and other areas of parks.
- Dogs in heat, aggressive dogs, and sick dogs are not allowed in off-leash dog parks. Leash and immediately remove from the area any dogs displaying aggressive behavior.
- All dogs must be up to date on vaccines and licensed.
- Do not bring or leave personal belongings in off-leash areas.
Kirkland Municipal Code
11.80.060 The provisions of Title 8 of the Kirkland Municipal Code shall apply in all parks. It is unlawful for any person to allow or permit any animal owned by him or within his possession or under his control to run at large in any park or enter any designated swimming area located therein. The director, acting pursuant to Section 11.80.220, may adopt rules prohibiting dogs or other types of domesticated animals from entering certain parks or certain portions of parks after consultation with the City Council. Provided, dogs may be allowed off-leash in designated off-leash dog parks, or in specific portions of parks designated as off-leash, or in designated parks during park hours that have been specifically designated as off-leash hours, so long as the dog is under control of the owner or handler.