Skip to main content
Mobile Navigation Icon
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page Share this page

Animal Control

animal services banner


Animal Control

If you have an animal control emergency, or need immediate assistance call 9-1-1.  Dispatchers will notify Kirkland Animal Control, and our Animal Control Officer or another police officer will be immediately notified and dispatched.

For non-emergencies call 425-577-5656 (non-emergency police dispatch center).

For general program information and questions not answered below, email Animal Control Officer Jennifer Matison or call Kirkland Animal Services information line at 855 449-PETS (855 449-7387).

For wildlife complaints or inquires (raccoons, coyotes, bears or other), follow the instructions on our Wildlife Issues page.

The City has adopted most of the regulations that were in place under King County.  The entire list of regulations can be found in the Kirkland Municipal Code under Section 8

Frequently Asked Questions

Animal Cruelty & Neglect

If you suspect an animal is in immediate danger call 9-1-1.

Laws regarding Animal cruelty and neglect are outlined in KMC 8.09.440.

It is unlawful for any person to: 

  • Willfully and cruelly injure or kill any animals by any means causing it fright or pain.
  • Fail to provide an animal with necessary food, water, shelter, rest, sanitation, ventilation, space or medical attention. 
  • Abandon by dropping off or leaving the animal on the street, road or highway or in any other public place or on the private property of someone else.

If a law enforcement officer or the Animal Control Officer has probable cause to believe that an owner of any animal has committed animal cruelty, the officer may authorize, with a warrant, the seizure and removal of the animal to a suitable place for feeding and care. An animal may be seized and removed without a warrant only if the animal is in an immediate life-threatening condition.

If you are concerned with the welfare of an animal, contact Kirkland Animal Services at 855 449-PETS (855 499-7387).



Police Department
11750 NE 118th St, Kirkland WA 98034

General Inquiries
For police, fire, and emergency medical services, call 9-1-1
Non-emergency incident: 425-577-5656