Pathway to Success
For eligible participants, Arraignment will continue to happen in mainstream court via Zoom. The defense counsel will explain the Community Court model to the participant and the matter will be set over for a Community Court Hearing.
1st hearing in Community Court will be heard online via Zoom. It is coded as a courtesy hearing. The defense counsel will speak with the defendant and see if they are interested in setting up an assessment, which will then need to be completed before proceeding to the 2nd hearing.
2nd hearing will be an opt-in/opt-out where a Stipulated Order of Continuance (SOC), a contract between the participant and the City of Kirkland is signed. This hearing will also be held online via Zoom.
The Community Court operates every Wednesday, except Holidays, between 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Courtroom 3 Community Court Zoom Instructions
Go to: https://zoom.us/join
To download desktop software or mobile apps, go to: https://zoom.us/download
Join Courtroom 3 hearing by typing the:
Meeting ID: 480 418 6728
To appear by video, you will need to have an electronic device with internet connection. You may use a smart phone, iPad/tablet or computer with a microphone, speaker and optional webcam. You will also need to install the free ZOOM App before the conference begins, following the instructions on page 2.
To join the ZOOM hearing by
Dial: (888) 475-4499 US Toll-free or
(877) 853-5257 US Toll-free
Join Courtroom 3 hearing by following the voice prompts:
Meeting ID: 480 418 6728
You will be joined to the hearing in a muted mode.
Tips for Participating in the ZOOM Virtual Courtroom:
To mute or unmute hit (star) *6.
To raise virtual hand, hit *9
When you join the virtual courtroom, you may be in a “waiting room” until the court clerk opens the meeting. Do not announce yourself, the clerk will obtain names of those in attendance. There may be several cases set on the docket at the same time.
• If calling in, call from a phone with a good connection.
• If you are represented by an attorney, talk to your attorney before the hearing date to discuss your case.
• You should remain in a muted status until your case is called to reduce background noise. When your case is called, unmute your device. The Judge will ask you to identify yourself, speak loudly and clearly.
• Follow directions from the Judge when it is your turn to speak.
• Hearings will be recorded using the court recording system.
• You may leave the ZOOM virtual hearing after your case has been resolved.
Additional instructions may be given to you by the Court or your Attorney during the hearing.