2016 Community Survey
Thank you to those Kirkland residents who participated in the telephone and online community survey conducted in 2016. More than 500 residents were contacted by phone and nearly 650 residents completed the online survey.
Key findings of the 2016 telephone survey include:
- The overall rating of Kirkland as a place to live continues to be overwhelmingly positive and there has been a significant increase in "excellent" ratings since 2014.
- When asked what they like best about living in the City residents mentioned location, proximity to amenities and the small town feeling.
- Residents feel satisfied with the availability of goods and services in Kirkland.
- Residents feel safe walking in their neighborhood during the day.
- Residents rate police, fire and emergency medical services as the most important City functions; followed by pedestrian safety, City Parks, traffic flow, protecting the environment, maintaining streets, emergency preparedness and recycling and garbage collection.
- People are satisfied with the availability of stores in the area and like the mix of goods and services available.