Lakeshore Plaza Lot
Lake & Central Lot
Pay Parking Stations
Restricted or Limited Parking
Downtown Employee Permits
Juanita Parking Permit
Temporary Parking Permit
Notice: As of June 20, 2017, the Wester Lot on 3rd Avenue is open and available for downtown employees with valid permits Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. The lot is open to the public on evenings and weekends. For more information about the valid permit, please see information at bottom of page.
Snow Priority Map (PDF)
Anti-Icing Map (PDF)
Enforcement for Downtown Parking Permits
Engineering Program Assistant
425.587.3490 x 4
Follow the wayfinding signs to public parking in Kirkland.
Evening and All-Day pay parking in downtown parking lots is handled by Pay Stations which accept coins, debit, and credit cards. Pay parking costs $1 per hour.
Downtown Kirkland's Guide to Public Parking
Notice: As of September 23, 2019, the Pay-by-Phone location number has changed to 88308.
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 a.m. and are leaving at 1:00 p.m., the pay station will accept your early payment of $4.00 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
Pay-by-Phone option: Pay-by-Phone parking payment option is available in this lot. For more information, please visit paybyphone.com .
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 a.m. and are leaving at 1:00 p.m., the pay station will accept your early payment of $4 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
Pay-by-Phone option: Pay-by-Phone parking payment option is available at this lot. For more information, please visit paybyphone.com .
- Designated spots on street and in the Lakeshore Plaza and Lake & Central lots
2 Hour Parking
4 Hour Parking
- Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage located under
the Kirkland Library. Entrances are on 3rd Street
or Kirkland Avenue.
- 1st Street and 3rd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue South and State Street
- Market Street from Central to 6th Avenue
Evenings & Weekends
- City Hall visitor and non-assigned stalls
- Wester Lot on 3rd Avenue (next to City Hall)
- $1.00 per hour (credit/debit or coin only accepted)
By-by-Phone is available for the Lakeshore Plaza and Lake & Central lots
- use the app from the Apple Store or Google Play
- or pay online at paybyphone.com
- Lakeshore Plaza, Lake & Central, Lakeshore Auxiliary lots
- Up to 4 Hour Parking: Monday-Saturday 9am-9pm. *Free on Sundays*
- $1.00 per hour
Private Pay Parking Lots
- Private pay lots vary. Some are customer parking during the day and available at nights and on weekends. Some private lots are available for public use during the day. See map for details.
Boat Trailer Parking
- April 1st through October 31st
- Designated at Heritage Park on the corner of Market Street and Waverly Way.
- Westside of Market Street between Waverly Way and Central (After 6pm on weekdays, unrestricted on weekends and holidays)
- Available after 3pm or 5pm and/or 1 Hour (in circle)
- Central Way (4 stalls)
- Lake Avenue West (1)
- Lake Street (2)
- Kirkland Ave (3)
- Park Lane (2)
- Main Street (1)
Parking Garages and Lots
- Merrill Gardens Parking Garage (1 stall)
- Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (9)
- Lakeshore Plaza (5)
- Pool/KPC/PKCC (6)
- Heritage Park (1)
- Lake & Central Lot (3)
No Time-Limit Parking
- Market Street north of 6th Street
- 3rd Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets
To help ensure that patrons have the best parking spaces in downtown Kirkland, employees of downtown businesses are encouraged to park in designated areas. Downtown employee parking is free.
Starting in November 2015, changes to the City's Downtown Employee Parking Program were made, including a new registration system. For more information and to register please read details about the Downtown Employee Parking Program.
Per Kirkland Municipal Code 12.45.230
the identified streets in the below map (identified as blue streets), no street parking is allowed except by City of Kirkland permit. If you are a resident in any of the identified areas around Juanita High School, you can pick up a resident permit and guest permits at the City Hall Public Works counter during normal business hours, Monday-Friday.
No parking allowed except by permit signage on the following streets:
- 103rd Place NE between NE 130th Street and 102nd Avenue NE
- NE 128th Street between 109th Avenue NE and 112th Place NE
- 110th Avenue NE between NE 128th Street and NE 131st Street
- 111th Avenue NE between NE 128th Street and NE 131st Street
The City of Kirkland offers a temporary street use parking permit which allows exemptions from time restricted street parking. If you’re relocating your residence or business, you have small construction projects or if you’re planning a small event which needs to use street parking with a time limit, you can fill-out the permit application and submit it to the Public Works counter at City Hall. Please contact David Gourlie, in the Public Works Department for more information.