Traffic Alert for December 12: 12Ks of Christmas
Published on December 06, 2021
Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator
Kirkland Parks and Community Services
KIRKLAND, Wash. – Drivers should expect traffic delays and restricted parking due to the 12Ks of Christmas to be held at Marina Park on Sunday, December 12, 2021. Vehicles parked in restricted areas will be towed. Course maps are available at src12ksofchristmas.com.
Roadway impacts will be in effect from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 11:30 a.m. or when the last runner passes. Additionally, the following closures will be in place:
- Lakeshore Plaza and Kirkland Avenue between the City dock and Lake Street from 5:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Southbound Lake Street/Lake Street S from Central Way to 7th Avenue S from 8:45 a.m. until 9:45 a.m.
- Marina Park boat launch from 9:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Kirkland Avenue between Lake Street and Main Street from 9:15 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
- Eastbound Kirkland Avenue from Main Street to 9th Street from 9:15 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
- Southbound Market Street from 13th Avenue to Central Way from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Eastbound 12th Avenue from 6th Street to 110th Avenue NE from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Northbound 110th Avenue from 12th Avenue to NE 96th Street from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 6th Street between 12th Avenue and 10th Avenue from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Westbound 10th Avenue from 6th Street to Market Street from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Event organizers expect 1,500 athletes will participate in the race/walk which includes 5K and 12K courses. The event raises money in support of the non-profit Seattle Humane Society which promotes the human-animal bond by saving and serving pets in need.
Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage, go to https://www.kirklandwa.gov/parking For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/. For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services, 425-587-3347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.