The community room will be for adult groups or children's group with adequate adult supervision. A recommended ratio is one (1) adult to every five (5) minors. Groups are to be no larger than allowed by the occupancy load posted (58 for Station 22).
Use of Equipment:
- Each facility has an inventoried set of tables and chairs available for use. Applicant is responsible for arranging tables and chairs for their specific purpose and returning the tables and chairs to their stored or original location/configuration.
- Equipment beyond tables and chairs cannot be made available.
- Tables and chairs are to be used indoors only and only for specific use for which they are intended. At no time should anyone stand on tables or chairs, or sit on tables.
- There are no facilities available for storage of equipment or material used for meetings.
Posting on Wall/Use of Markable Surfaces:
- Post-It type meeting facilitation products are allowed on walls.
- Only markers specifically for white board surfaces, where available, are allowed. Note - these items are not provided with the room, they must be brought by the group requesting the room.
Only music incorporated in presentations is allowed (i.e. no live music).
The use of the community room is for meetings where light refreshments may be served. Party or social activities at the Fire Stations are not allowed. Decorations that are attached to the walls or ceiling are prohibited. The applicant/group using the community room will be responsible for leaving the premises clean and for all breakage and damage arising from the use of the facility.
The use of open flames in the community room, for ceremonial reasons or otherwise, is prohibited.
Consumption of alcoholic beverages, marijuana, and other unlawful drugs are prohibited while on the premises. Smoking (including E-cigarettes) is not permitted in any indoor area.
The community room will not be used for a fund-raising event where admission is charged. Nor will it be used for non-Fire Department groups who charge a fee of the people who attend or would use the room for merchandise promotion.
Use of the community room for election or campaign purposes is prohibited.
Groups using the community room cannot have access to the facility before 7:00 AM and must terminate and leave the facility by 10:00 PM.
The fire stations do not have access to phones for public use.
Any person(s) failing to comply with the established rules and regulations, constituting a public nuisance, or violating any federal, state, or local laws or regulations may be required to leave the facility and premises.
Fire Station Community Room regulations(PDF, 133KB)