To help ensure that Downtown Kirkland visitors and customers have the best parking options in downtown Kirkland, employees of downtown businesses are encouraged to park in designated areas, managed by the City. Participation in the Downtown Employee Parking Program is free.
Starting in November 2015, employees who work for businesses in the core district of downtown Kirkland and choose to participate in the program need to register their vehicle. This registration allows you to park in permit-designated areas in the Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (located under the Kirkland Library) and along Lake Avenue West. The stalls in the Municipal Garage are located in the basement, ramp, and in one aisle on the upper level.
Parking registrations are tracked with license plate reader technology which helps to reduce inappropriate parking of unauthorized vehicles.
How to register
- Download the parking registration form or pick up a form from City Hall, Public Works counter.
- Your employer must verify your employment on the registration form and must have a valid City business license.
- As a downtown employee, you may register up to two vehicles.
- Bring license plate information with your completed registration form to Kirkland City Hall during regular business hours.
- You must renew your parking registration each year on the date of issuance.
- Please place the registration decal on the driver's side of the front windshield.
If you visit Kirkland outside of your work hours, please check the city's Guide to Public Parking (PDF) and plan ahead.
- Participating in the program provides free parking for downtown employees in designated areas but since the demand for parking is higher than supply, parking is not guaranteed.
- Per Kirkland Municipal Code 12.45.250, downtown employees are not allowed to park in areas not designated for employee parking.
- Please wait one week before using the parking permit to allow staff time to process your parking registration.