See our Guide to Public Parking (updated 7/1/2015)
Transportation Engineering Manager
425.587.3490 x 4
Follow the wayfinding signs to public parking in Kirkland.
Evening and All-Day pay parking in downtown parking lots is handled by Pay Stations which accept coins, debit, and credit cards. Pay parking costs $1 per hour.
Pre-payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 5:00 pm and you want to stay after 5:00 pm. For example, if you park at 3:00 pm and are leaving at 6:30 pm, the pay station will accept your 1½ hour payment early, so that you do not have to go back at 5:00 pm to pay the machine.
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 am and are leaving at 1:00 pm, the pay station will accept your early payment of $4 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 am and are leaving at 3:00 pm, the pay station will accept your early payment of $6 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
- In selected lots
2 Hour Parking
3 Hour Parking in lot from 9AM-5PM
- Lakeshore Plaza
4 Hour Parking
- Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage located under
the Kirkland Library. Entrances are on 3rd Street
or Kirkland Avenue.
- 1st Street and 3rd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue South and State Street
- Market Street from 4th Avenue to 6th Avenue
- $1.00 per hour (credit/debit or coin only accepted)
Up to 4-Hour Parking from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Lakeshore Plaza Lot
Up to 4-Hour Parking from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Lake & Central Lot
All Day Parking from 9 a.m - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Park & Main Lot
Private Pay Parking Lots
- Available for customer parking mostly in the
evenings. See map for locations.
Boat Trailer Parking
- April 1st through October 31st
- Designated at Heritage Park on the corner of
Market Street and Waverly Way.
- Westside of Market Street between Waverly Way and Central (After 6pm on weekdays, unrestricted on weekends and holidays)
- Available after 3 or 5 PM and/or 1 Hour (in circle)
- Central Way and Market Street (1)
- Main Street (1)
- Lake Avenue West (1)
Parking Garages and Lots
- Central Way on slanted lot (1 stall)
- Heritage Park (1 stall)
- Lake & Central Lot (3 stalls)
- Lakeshore Plaza (5 stalls)
- Merrill Gardens parking garage (1 stall)
- Park & Main Lot (5 stalls)
- Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (9 stalls)
- Pool/KPC/PKCC (6 stalls)
No Time-Limit Parking
- Market Street from 6th Street
- Central Way between 3rd and 5th Streets
- 3rd Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets
To help ensure that patrons have the best parking spaces in downtown Kirkland, employees of downtown businesses are encouraged to park in designated areas. Downtown employee parking is free.
Through September 29, 2015, employees who work for businesses in the core district of downtown Kirkland need to obtain a free parking permit to display on their vehicle. This parking permit allows you to park in the Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (located under the Kirkland Library) in designated stalls. The stalls in the Municipal Garage are located in the basement, ramp, and in one aisle on the upper level. In July 2015, employee parking was designated along Lake Avenue West.
To obtain a valid parking permit, please visit the Public Works Counter, Kirkland City Hall during regular business hours. Please bring your license plate information when applying for a parking permit. The parking permit must be placed on the front windshield of your vehicle so that it can be easily seen by the City’s Parking Enforcement Officers.
If you visit Kirkland outside of your work hours, please check the city's Guide to Public Parking and plan ahead.
Changes to downtown employee parking program: Starting Oct. 1, 2015, changes to the City’s downtown employee parking program will begin.
What’s new to the program?
- Employees can download a registration form from the City's webpage.
- Registrations are tracked through technology using the license plate of the employee’s vehicle which helps to reduce inappropriate parking.
- Registrations must include verification of employment by an employer who has a valid City business license.
- An employee can register up to two vehicles.
- Registration must be renewed each year on the date of issuance.
- Employee parking is also available on Lake Ave West.
- Permits (stickers) no longer need to be displayed on vehicles.
What’s the same about the program?
- Program is voluntary and there is no fee for the parking permit.
- Parking registration allows you to continue to park in the designated employee parking spaces at the Kirkland Municipal Garage (Kirkland Library, 308 Kirkland Ave) within designated times.