See our Guide to Public Parking (updated 6/13/2016)
UPDATE: Enforcement for Downtown Parking Permits begin March 2016
Transportation Engineering Manager
425.587.3490 x 4
Follow the wayfinding signs to public parking in Kirkland.
Evening and All-Day pay parking in downtown parking lots is handled by Pay Stations which accept coins, debit, and credit cards. Pay parking costs $1 per hour.
Pre-payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 5:00 pm and you want to stay after 5:00 pm. For example, if you park at 3:00 pm and are leaving at 6:30 pm, the pay station will accept your 1½ hour payment early, so that you do not have to go back at 5:00 pm to pay the machine.
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 am and are leaving at 1:00 pm, the pay station will accept your early payment of $4 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
- In selected lots
2 Hour Parking
3 Hour Parking in lot from 9AM-5PM
- Lakeshore Plaza
4 Hour Parking
- Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage located under
the Kirkland Library. Entrances are on 3rd Street
or Kirkland Avenue.
- 1st Street and 3rd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue South and State Street
- Market Street from Central to 6th Avenue
- $1.00 per hour (credit/debit or coin only accepted)
Up to 4-Hour Parking from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Lakeshore Plaza Lot
Up to 4-Hour Parking from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Lake & Central Lot
Private Pay Parking Lots
- Available for customer parking mostly in the
evenings. See map for locations.
Boat Trailer Parking
- April 1st through October 31st
- Designated at Heritage Park on the corner of
Market Street and Waverly Way.
- Westside of Market Street between Waverly Way and Central (After 6pm on weekdays, unrestricted on weekends and holidays)
- Available after 3 or 5 PM and/or 1 Hour (in circle)
- Central Way and Market Street (1)
- Main Street (1)
- Lake Avenue West (1)
Parking Garages and Lots
- Central Way on slanted lot (1 stall)
- Heritage Park (1 stall)
- Lake & Central Lot (3 stalls)
- Lakeshore Plaza (5 stalls)
- Merrill Gardens parking garage (1 stall)
- Park & Main Lot (5 stalls)
- Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (9 stalls)
- Pool/KPC/PKCC (6 stalls)
No Time-Limit Parking
- Market Street from 6th Street
- 3rd Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets
To help ensure that patrons have the best parking spaces in downtown Kirkland, employees of downtown businesses are encouraged to park in designated areas. Downtown employee parking is free.
Starting in November 2015, changes in the City's program will begin, including a new registration system which requires an employee parking registration form
. Please read details about the changes to Downtown Employee Parking Program.