See our Guide to Public Parking
Employee Parking Restrictions Starting 8/27/12
Transportation Engineering Manager
425.587.3490 x 4
Follow the wayfinding signs to public parking in Kirkland.
Evening and All-Day pay parking in downtown parking lots is handled by Pay Stations which accept coins, debit, and credit cards. Pay parking costs $1 per hour.
City Council has asked staff to conduct public outreach regarding options to improve parking in downtown Kirkland. The City seeks input on a draft parking study that assesses the existing parking conditions in Downtown Kirkland and examines potential strategies for improving access to parking, on-street and off-street.
The draft Downtown Parking Study (PDF - 1.2mb) was presented at the January 6th City Council Meeting.
The public is invited to participate in a facilitated discussion to understand the approaches outlined in the study and provide feedback on each of the options. Space in each discussion is limited so please RSVP your attendance to your preferred date by contacting Philly Hoshko by E-mail or by calling 425.587.3013.
- Wednesday, February 25th - 7:30am-9:00am City Hall, Peter Kirk Room
- Thursday, February Feb 26th – 11:00am - 12:30pm City Hall, Peter Kirk Room
- Monday, March 2nd - 6:00pm-7:30pm – City Hall, Peter Kirk Room
- Wednesday, March 4th –6:00pm -7:30pm – City Hall, Peter Kirk Room
If you are unable to attend a discussion please provide feedback on the options through this survey or provide comments directly to Philly Hoshko by E-mail, (425) 587- 3013 or 123 5th Ave, Kirkland WA 98033.
Do you work in Downtown Kirkland? Please provide some additional information through this survey.
Pre-payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 5:00 pm and you want to stay after 5:00 pm. For example, if you park at 3:00 pm and are leaving at 6:30 pm, the pay station will accept your 1½ hour payment early, so that you do not have to go back at 5:00 pm to pay the machine.
Pre-Payment Option: The pay stations accept pre-payment if you park prior to 9:00 am. For example, if you park at 6:00 am and are leaving at 3:00 pm, the pay station will accept your early payment of $6 - no need to go back at 9:00 am to pay the machine.
- In selected lots
2 Hour Parking
3 Hour Parking in lots from 9AM-5PM
- Lake Street
- Lakeshore Plaza
4 Hour Parking
- Peter Kirk Municipal Parking Garage located under
the Kirkland Library. Entrances are on 3rd Street
or Kirkland Avenue.
- 1st Street and 3rd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue South and State Street
Up to 4-Hour Parking from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat
- Lake Street
- Lakeshore Plaza
- $1.00 per hour (credit/debit or coin only accepted)
All Day Parking (9 a.m - 9 p.m., Mon-Sat)
- Park & Main Lot ($1 per hour, credit/debit or coin only accepted)
Private Pay Parking Lots
- Available for customer parking mostly in the
evenings. See map for locations.
Boat Trailer Parking
- Designated at Heritage Park on the corner of
Market Street and Waverly Way.
- Available after 3 or 5 PM and/or 1 Hour (in circle)
- Central Way and Market Street (1)
- Main Street (1)
- Lake Avenue West (1)
Parking Garages and Lots
- Central Way on slanted lot (1 stall)
- Heritage Park (1 stall)
- Lake Street lot (3 stalls)
- Lakeshore Plaza (5 stalls)
- Merrill Gardens parking garage (1 stall)
- Park & Main Lot (5 stalls)
- Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (9 stalls)
- Pool/KPC/PKCC (6 stalls)
No Time-Limit Parking
- Market Street from Central Way
- Central Way between 3rd and 5th Streets
- 3rd Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets
To help ensure that patrons have the best parking spaces, downtown employees are encouraged to park at the Peter Kirk Municipal Garage (library garage). Downtown employee parking permits are available at no charge. The garage is located at the southwest corner of Peter Kirk Park on the corner of Third Street and Kirkland Avenue in downtown Kirkland. There are 217 permit stalls located in the basement, ramp and one aisle on the upper level. Please watch for signs that designate specific permit parking spaces. After 6:00 pm, all garage parking stalls are open to all, without time limit restrictions.
Parking permits can be obtained at City Hall's Public Works counter. For more information, please call 425.587.3800.
Monday through Saturday, most on-street parking is limited to 2-hours. Park and Main lot has all day pay parking at $1/hr from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Downtown employees are prohibited to park at the Lake & Central and Marina Park parking lots from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Overtime parking fines start at $35, and subsequent fines are $50 to $75.
See our Guide to Public Parking.