Kirkland Voted Best City in the 425 in 2022
Published on May 05, 2022
Kirkland has been voted Best City of 425! This recognition is part of 425 Magazine’s annual poll of online readers that yielded over 30,000 votes from across the region. This is the sixth time that Kirkland has been voted the best city in the 12 years that the magazine has been running the annual contest.
“It’s a tremendous honor for Kirkland to receive this recognition,” said Councilmember Neal Black. “Our community makes Kirkland the extraordinary place that it is. To our amazing businesses, our dedicated volunteers, and everyone who lives, works, and plays here: thank you for helping Kirkland shine.”
Best of 425 voting was open to anyone wishing to choose their Eastside favorites from a broad list of categories including arts, entertainment, businesses, services, fashion, retail, food, drink, and more. The full list of winners will appear in the May 2022 issue of 425 Magazine.
The Kirkland City Council shared their gratitude in a short video.
Kirkland previously won the Best City of 425 award in 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019. Additionally, Kirkland has been the recipient of several other regional and national awards over the years. In the last year alone, the City has received the following awards:
- The Governor’s Smart Community’s Award for the Village at Totem Lake
- The Martin Luther King Medal of Distinguished Service for Kirkland City Manager Kurt Triplett
- Government Finance Officers Association's Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the City’s 2021-2022 Budget
- One of the top-ranking cities for digital innovation by the Center for Digital Government
- ESRI’s 2021 Special Achievement Award for the City’s geographic information system technology
- 2021 Project of the Year Award from the Washington Chapter of the American Public Works Association for the Juanita Beach Park Bathhouse.