Bicycle Friendly Community Designation
The League of American Bicyclists named Kirkland a Bicycle Friendly Community with a bronze designation in 2017(PDF, 91KB). The City intends to periodically apply for higher designations.
Combine Biking with Transit
Learn from King County Metro Transit
- Bike loading and unloading
- Secure bike parking
- Sharing the road safely with transit
Use a Practice Bus Bike Rack
Purpose: Practice loading bikes onto and off of a bus bike rack in a low-pressure setting.
1. Kirkland Transit Center, near the baseball field / Location Map(JPG, 676KB) / Photo(JPG, 4MB)
Bike Maintenance Stations
Purpose: Repair or maintain a bicycle using the air pump and tools provided.
1. Kirkland Library, near the main entrance / Photo(JPG, 1MB)
2. Kingsgate Library, near the main entrance
Kirkland Bike Map
Displays locations of bike lanes, buffered bike lanes, and ped/bike bridges which cross over I-405 (last updated July 2019)