Request a Hearing

If you received a copy of a non-criminal traffic citation, school zone camera citation or parking citation then you have been charged with a civil infraction. Please read the front and back (if applicable) of the citation for instructions. You must respond within 15 days of the date of the citation by either requesting a hearing, paying the fine in full or contacting the Kirkland Municipal Court, 425-587-3160, for a payment plan. After 15 days, a penalty for failure to respond will be added to the balance of the fine. Unpaid balances on traffic citations will be sent to a collection agency and may result in the suspension of your driver's license.  Unpaid balances on parking citations will be sent to collections and may prevent you from renewing your vehicle license tabs until paid.

How to File a Hearing Request

You now have an online option to file your hearing request for a school zone camera citation or parking ticket by selecting the Parking Hearing Request option.

For a traffic infraction, such as a tabs violation or (non-camera) speeding ticket, you can request a hearing by filing an Infraction Hearing Request.

NOTICE: If you received multiple citations then you will need to file each case individually rather than grouping them on the same online form.

You may also file a request for hearing by following the instructions on your citation, selecting the hearing type (Mitigation or Contested), completing your name and address and then mailing your request to the

Kirkland Municipal Court

P O Box 678

Kirkland, WA 98083-0678

You may also file your hearing request in person during the open lobby hours of 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.  If you come by after hours, you may file your hearing request in the silver drop box, located near the front door of the Kirkland Municipal Court, 11740 NE 118th St in Kirkland, Washington.

Once Completed

You will then receive a notice of your hearing date and/or E-filing deadline within two or three weeks after the Kirkland Municipal Court receives your hearing request.  If you do not receive a notice, then call 425-587-3160 for assistance.  Included with your hearing notice will be a Hearing by Mail form which you may submit instead of the E-File option.  Note, you must have a hearing date scheduled before using either the Hearing by Mail or E-File options to dispute your citation.