Page last updated - October 10, 2019
General questions? Contact:
Scott Guter, Senior Planner
Kirkland Planning and Building Department
123 5th Ave.
Kirkland WA, 98033
Traffic questions? Contact:
Thang Nguyen, City Transportation Engineer
112 and 150 Lake Street South
The property has been sold and is currently undergoing design review. The City has a new application for redevelopment of the property. Once a new application for design review is submitted, this web page will be updated.
Construction of new 5-story mixed-use building consisting of:
- 5,500 sq. ft. new storefront area
- 21,567 sq ft. existing retail and office area
- 145 new residential units
- 287 parking stalls within a below grade parking structure
Project/process updates will be sent out via the Lake Street Place list serv. Therefore, if you would like to be kept informed via email please sign up for the project list serv by clicking on the 'Kirkland Email Alert' button below.
The applicant for the project is Encore Architets. The subject property is zoned CBD 1B and allows for a mix of uses including retail, restaurant, and office uses.
The project is required to comply with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA). SEPA is the environmental review that is conducted by the City. Traffic and traffic safety is reviewed at this project stage as are other environmental topics such as parking, aesthetics, noise, and glare.
A building permit will also be required.
Building permit status can be viewed at mybuildingpermit.com
- October 7, 2019 - The DRB reviewed provided comments on the applicant's conceptual plans at the Conceptual Design Conference
- July 15, 2019 - The DRB reviewed provided comments on the applicant's conceptual plans at the Conceptual Design Conference (CDC)
- January 24, 2013 - Design Review Board (DRB) approval for overall project
- February 11, 2013 - DRB decision appealed
- April 4, 2013 - Appeal hearing
- April 4, 2013 - Public Works issued a notice that the project passed the City's road concurrency test. All projects subject to SEPA are also required a road concurrency test.
- April 10, 2013 - Hearing Examiner affirms DRB decision
- May 29, 2013 - DRB approval for Phase I
- June 10, 2013 - SEPA application submitted
- August 12, 2013 - SEPA early public comment period closed
- October 24, 2013 - Complete building permit submitted for 2-story addition above Milagro restaurant (file no. BNR13-06082). Parcel number is 017600-0030.
- January 14, 2014 - Building permit submitted for the Main Street building (parking garage/office building). Parcel number is 017600-0028. Permit was incomplete. File number to be assigned once permit is determined complete.
- March 14, 2014 - A SEPA Mitigated Determination of Nonsignificance issued
- May 8, 2014 - The Main Street building permit was determined complete. File no. is BNR14-01859.
- May 20, 2014 - The Hector's addition building permit was determined complete. File no. is BNR14-02801.
- December 22, 2014 - Applicant submits modifications to DRB approved project and is currently being reviewed by the City per the modification criteria in KZC Section 142.50. Also submitted was an updated traffic study.
- March 2, 2015 - DRB to provide input to staff prior to staff's decision on the modification request. View the staff memo under the March 2nd meeting DRB meeting agenda.
- April 6, 2015 - DRB to provide input to staff prior to staff's decision on the modification request (continued from the March 2nd meeting). View the staff memo under the April 6th DRB meeting agenda.