Page last updated - April 13, 2015
Vicinity Map. Click on image to expand.
On March 6, 2015 the City Issued the following SEPA Addendum:
Staff Memo and Attachments
Part 1 (PDF 5.3MB)
Part 2 (PDF 5.5MB)
Part 3 (PDF 3.4MB)
An updated traffic study has been submitted to the City for review based on the proposed modifications by the applicant.
On March 14, 2014 the City issued a Mitigated Determination of Nonsignificance (MDNS) for the Lake Street Place project. Click on the links below for more information.
General questions? Contact:
Jon Regala, Senior Planner
Kirkland Planning Dept.
123 5th Ave.
Kirkland WA, 98033
Traffic questions? Contact:
Thang Nguyen, City Transportation Engineer
Chesmore Buck Architecture
112 and 150 Lake Street South
Modifications to the DRB approved plans were submitted by the applicant on December 22, 2014. The plans are currently being reviewed by the City per the modification criteria in KZC Section 142.50
. The proposed changes add additional parking in a below-grade parking structure and generally reduce the building massing of the buildings (view complete description
). The modified plans
also provide a comparison with the DRB approved plans. Staff is requesting feedback from the DRB (March 2, 2015 DRB meeting
) prior to making a decision on the proposed modifications.
The project is also currently in building permit review. View a list of building permits that have been submitted in the 'Project Timeline' section below. Once you have the permit number, detailed permit information can be reviewed by entering the permit number at mybuildingpermits.com
Project Description (previous proposal)
Construction of new mixed-use buildings
- 79,150 sq. ft. new building area
- 26,600 sq ft. existing building area
- 252 parking stalls within an above grade parking structure (83,800 sq. ft.)
The applicant has also received DRB approval for the design of Phase I
to be constructed prior to build out of the entire project. Phase I is a two-story office addition over the existing Milagro restaurant space. Building permits have not yet been submitted.
The applicant intends to construct the entire project at once instead of a phased approach.
Project/process updates will be sent out via the Lake Street Place list serv. Therefore, if you would like to be kept informed via email please sign up for the project list serv by clicking on the 'Kirkland Email Alert' button below.
The applicant for the project is Chesmore Buck Architecture. The subject property is zoned CBD 1B and allows for a mix of uses including retail, restaurant, and office uses.
The project is required to comply with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA). SEPA is the environmental review that is conducted by the City. Traffic and traffic safety is reviewed at this project stage as are other environmental topics such as parking, aesthetics, noise, and glare. View the SEPA checklist
for more information.
A building permit will also be required.
Building permit status can be viewed at mybuildingpermit.com
- January 24, 2013 - Design Review Board (DRB) approval for overall project
- February 11, 2013 - DRB decision appealed
- April 4, 2013 - Appeal hearing
- April 4, 2013 - Public Works issued a notice that the project passed the City's road concurrency test. All projects subject to SEPA are also required a road concurrency test.
- April 10, 2013 - Hearing Examiner affirms DRB decision
- May 29, 2013 - DRB approval for Phase I
- June 10, 2013 - SEPA application submitted
- August 12, 2013 - SEPA early public comment period closed
- October 24, 2013 - Complete building permit submitted for 2-story addition above Milagro restaurant (file no. BNR13-06082). Parcel number is 017600-0030.
- January 14, 2014 - Building permit submitted for the Main Street building (parking garage/office building). Parcel number is 017600-0028. Permit was incomplete. File number to be assigned once permit is determined complete.
- March 14, 2014 - A SEPA Mitigated Determination of Nonsignificance issued
- May 8, 2014 - The Main Street building permit was determined complete. File no. is BNR14-01859.
- May 20, 2014 - The Hector's addition building permit was determined complete. File no. is BNR14-02801.
- December 22, 2014 - Applicant submits modifications to DRB approved project and is currently being reviewed by the City per the modification criteria in KZC Section 142.50. Also submitted was an updated traffic study.
- March 2, 2015 - DRB to provide input to staff prior to staff's decision on the modification request. View the staff memo under the March 2nd meeting DRB meeting agenda.
- April 6, 2015 - DRB to provide input to staff prior to staff's decision on the modification request (continued from the March 2nd meeting). View the staff memo under the April 6th DRB meeting agenda.