Kirkland Orcas Swim Team & Craze Summer Swim League
Registration for returning swimmers begins March 19, 2020.
The City of Kirkland offers a recreational swim team that participates in the Craze Summer Swim League. This league focuses on developing fundamental skills and instilling the value of a recreational activity that lasts a lifetime.
How much does registration cost for the season?
Resident $242 | Non-Resident $298
My child is returning to the Orcas this year, when can I register my child?
Registration opens March 19th and closes on May 28th. You can register your child online at www.kirklandparks.net or by calling Loni Rotter at 425-587-3333
How can a new participant join the team?
We host new participant tryouts on June 13th, 10am at the Peter Kirk Pool. Once passing the tryouts, names will be placed into a lottery, divided up by age group and gender. Names will be drawn, starting with the youngest age group, filling the available spaces on the team.
Tryouts consist of the following prerequisites based on their age as of July 1st, 2020
- Participants ages 6-8 must be able to swim 25 yards of freestyle and 25 yards of backstroke.
- Participants 9 – 14 must be able to swim 50 yards of freestyle, 50 yards of backstroke, and 25 yards of breaststroke.
Is there a meeting to get information about the team once my son/daughter is on the team?
We will have an informational meeting on June 18th, 6-7pm at the Peter Kirk Pool. This will go over all aspects of being on our swim team, along with important dates, practice schedules, meet schedules, etc.…
Do we as a parent have to volunteer for this team?
YES! There will be approximately 6-8 hours of volunteer work for parents throughout the season. Parent volunteers are crucial to the success of home swim meets, assisting with timing, ribbons, and staging swimmers. Sign up information will be shared as the season goes on via email with all registered parents and participants.
When are Practices and Meets?
- NEW – AM Practice times only to allow more space on the team!
- Practices occur Monday – Thursday mornings beginning June 22nd and ending August 13th. Practices consist of both dry land conditioning and in water swimming development.
- Meets are on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays throughout the season, with the Craze invitational ending our season on August 15th.
- Our two home meets are on July 10th & August 7th at 4pm.
Swim Meet Schedule