Skip to main content
Mobile Navigation Icon
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page Share this page


If you have a human services need, the organizations below may be able to help. Older adults may also reference the East King County Resource Guide for Older Adults and Their Families for a more comprehensive listing of services.

Overview of Community Needs Report (PDF - 1mb)
Kirkland Community Needs Overview December 2018

Emergency Services for the Unhoused on the Eastside

Download document of services here (PDF - 80kb)

211: Community Resource Line
Health and human services information and referrals and other assistance.
Phone: 211 or (206) 461-3200< TTY: (206) 461-3610< Toll Free outside Seattle: 1-800-621-INFO (1-800-621-4636)


Adult Protective Services (APS)
If you suspect abuse of a vulnerable adult in Washington State call the statewide abuse hotline number or visit the website below.
Phone: 1-866-EndHarm (1-866-363-4276)

Child Protective Services (CPS)
To report incidences of child abuse or neglect
Phone: (206) 421-6500

Community Living Connections
Information and referral for aging and disability-related services.
Phone: 1-844-348-5464

Congregations for the Homeless
Shelter and services for men experiencing homelessness in east King County.
Phone: (425) 614-6506

Crisis Line
For emotional crisis, 24 hours a day.
Phone: (206) 461-3222
TTY: (206) 461-3219
Toll Free outside Seattle: 1-800-244-5767

Employment Security – Job Service Center
Unemployment benefits information, job training, and WorkSource resources.
Phone: 1-800-318-6022

Friends of Youth
Shelter and services for youth in east King County, including those experiencing homelessness.
Phone: (425) 869-6490

Health Care Authority
Apply for free or low-cost health coverage through Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).

Food, emergency financial assistance, energy assistance, and other services for east and north King County residents.
Phone: (425) 869-6000

Public Health Seattle & King County
Medical and dental services for low income adults and children. Specialized programs such as Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) nutrition program and children with special health care needs
Phone: (206) 296-4920
Toll Free: 1-800-244-4512 

Senior Information and Assistance
Information and referral services for older adults.
Phone: (206) 448-3110
Toll Free: 1-800- 972-9990

Social Security Office
Obtain a social security card or replacement, get information about claims and benefits.
Phone: 1-800-772-1213

The Sophia Way
Shelter and services for women experiencing homelessness in east King County.

United Way of King County
Connect to United Way programs such as summer meals, free tax preparation, and more.
Phone: (206) 461-3700

Washington Relay Service
Telecommunication Relay Services for deaf and hard of hearing callers. Calls can be made anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
Phone: 711

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
Apply for state health and human services benefits and other resources.
Phone: 1-877-501-2233

Parks Department Hours:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
123 5th Ave  Kirkland, WA 98033

General Inquiries
T. 425.587.3300 | F. 425.587.3303
Report an Issue
After Hours Parks Maintenance Needs
T. 425.864.3431