KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Draft of Finn Hill Neighborhood Plan
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Arbor Day Proclamation
b. Walk to School Week Proclamation
c. Domestic Violence Action Month Proclamation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: September 19, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) Fire Station 25 Renovation, Western Ventures Construction, Mountlake Terrace, WA
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) 2018 Tourism Funding Recommendations
(2) Park Board Member Resignation
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4606, Relating to Restricted Areas and Obstructions.
b. Ordinance O-4607 and its Summary, Relating to Short-Term Rentals.
c. Houghton/Everest Neighborhood Center and Residential Suites Update
d. Animal Services:
(1) Ordinance O-4608 and its Summary, Adopting Provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC) Related to Animal Services, Care and Control.
(2) Ordinance O-4609 and its Summary, Adopting Portions of the City's Local Animal Control Ordinance that Sets Forth the Regulations Applicable to Kennels, Hobby Kennels, Catteries, Hobby Catteries, Grooming Services, Pet Shops and Private Animal Placement Permits.
e. Continuity of Operations and Continuity of Government Plan Draft
f. Resolution R-5272, Relating to Compliance with the Public Records Act, Amending and Adopting Updated Public Records Act Rules, and Ordering Posting of this Resolution and the Public Records Act Rules.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4610 and its Summary, Relating to Land Use and Zoning, Adopting Certain Regulations for the Review Process for City Council Initiated Amendments to the Text of the Zoning Code Regarding Tree Plan Retention Review on Short Plat and Subdivision Applications in the Holmes Point Overlay Zone; and Addition of "Shelter Use" to the Zoning Code, Including Amendments to Parking Requirements for New Shelter Uses.
b. Park Board Interview Selection Committee
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE