KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Special Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Development Services Fee Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Eastside Welcoming Week Proclamation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Representative Roger Goodman, 2017 Legislative Session Debrief
b. City Hall for All Wrap Up
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) August 2, 2017
(2) August 2, 2017
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) 2016 Annual Transportation and Park Impact Fees Report
(2) Resolution R-5263, Adopting the 2016 Park Levy Accountability Report for Proposition 2 - Parks Maintenance, Restoration and Enhancement Levy.
(3) Resolution R-5264, Adopting the 2016 Streets Levy Accountability Report for Proposition 1 - Streets and Pedestrian Safety Levy.
(4) Ordinance O-4594, Relating to City Manager and Administrative Departments.
(5) Ordinance O-4595, Relating to Operation of Watercraft.
(6) Ordinance O-4596 and its Summary, Relating to City Floats, Moorages, and Tour Boats Facilities.
(7) Ordinance O-4597, Relating to Public Fireworks.
(8) Ordinance O-4598, Relating to Loading and Unloading of Public Transit Vehicles.
(9) Ordinance O-4599, Relating to Speed Regulations.
(10) Ordinance O-4600 and its Summary, Relating to Street and Curb Cutting.
(11) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Ordinance O-4601 and its Summary, Continuing a Moratorium Within the Holmes Point Overlay Zone on the Acceptance of Applications for Short Plats and Subdivisions Proposing Phased Review of Tree Retention Plans and Requiring Comprehensive Review of Tree Retention Plans With Short Plat or Subdivision Applications in the Holmes Point Overlay Zone Via an Integrated Development Plan (IDP); and Establishing an Immediate Effective Date.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Resolution R-5265, Declaring Community Building as a Public Purpose and Authorizing Creation and Administration of a Community Building Program Enhancing Kirkland as a Safe, Inclusive and Welcoming City.
b. Resolution R-5266, Authorizing the City Manager to Sign the Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Kirkland, King County, Snohomish County, the City of Redmond, the Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority (Sound Transit), Puget Sound Energy, the City of Bellevue, the City of Woodinville, the City of Renton, and the Eastside Greenway Alliance Regarding the Organization of the Eastside Rail Corridor Regional Advisory Council.
c. Award Bid for Neighborhood Safety Program (NSP) - 2017 Projects, Road Construction Northwest, Renton, WA
d. Award Bid for 5th and 6th Street Sewer Main Replacement Project A, B & C, Shoreline Construction Company, Woodinville, WA and Authorize Transfer of Funds and Additional Use of Funds
e. Parking in Downtown Kirkland
(1) Resolution R-5267, Revising Policy G-11 of the Public Works Department's Pre-Approved Plans to Align With the Kirkland Municipal Code.
(2) Resolution R-5268, Revising Policy G-10 of the Public Works Department's Pre-Approved Plans to Allow Permitting for Construction and Moving Vehicle Temporary Use of Right-of-Way.
(3) Ordinance O-4602, Amending Section of Chapter 12.45.220 of the Kirkland Municipal Code to Clarify the Parking Restrictions for Permit Only Areas.
(4) Ordinance O-4603, Amending Section of Chapter 5.74.040 of the Kirkland Municipal Code Adding Fees for the Issuance of Temporary Parking Permits.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Resolution R-5269, Stating the City Council's Support for State Marijuana and Regulatory Tolerance (SMART) Enforcement Act, H.R. 3534, 115th Congress 1st Session.
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE