KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Fire Prevention Bureau Staffing and Fees
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. Pride Month Proclamation
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Senator Guy Palumbo
b. 2017-18 Kirkland Youth Council Year End Report
c. Parks and Community Services Cost Recovery Study Introduction
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) May 15, 2018
(2) May 24, 2018
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
(1) Claims for Damages
e. Award of Bids
(1) Annual Striping Program Schedules A & B (2018 Project), Specialized Pavement Marking, Tualatin, Oregon
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Ordinance O-4645 and its Summary, Relating to the Kirkland Municipal Court and Amending Chapter 3.49 of the Kirkland Municipal Court.
(2) Ordinance O-4646 and its Summary, Amending Title 21 of the Kirkland Municipal Code Relating to Building Permit Fees.
(3) Regional Trade & Economic Development Alliance (REDA) Funding
(4) Regional Aquatics Feasibility Study Funding
(5) Cultural Arts Commission Resignation
(6) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Community Safety Ballot Measure Options
b. Ordinance O-4647 and its Summary, Relating to Chapter 28.08 of the Municipal Code: Landmarks and Heritage Commission; Establishing Criteria for Removal of Landmark Designation and Updating References in the Chapter, File No. CAM18-00259.
c. Resolution R-5319, Related to Integrating Affordable Housing, Mixed-Use, and Transit-Oriented Development Opportunities Into Neighborhood Plan Updates.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Resolution R-5320, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Real Property Purchase and Sale Agreement for Acquisition of Property to Expand Juanita Heights Park.
b. Resolution R-5321, Approving the Issuance of a Process IIB Permit as Applied for in the Planning and Building Department Files Nos, ZON17-00578 and SAR17-00579 by the Lake Washington School District Being within a RS 7.2 Zone, and Setting Forth Conditions to Which Such Process IIB Permit Shall be Subject.
a. City Council Regional and Committee Reports
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE