KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. – Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Totem Lake Park Master Plan
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
a. GIS (Geographic Information System) Day Proclamation
b. Items from the Audience
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Kirkland 2035 Update #8
b. Green Team
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: November 6, 2013 Special Meeting
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
(1) 6th Street Sidewalk Project, NPM Construction Company, Maple Valley, WA
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5015, Approving an Amendment to the Employment Agreement Between the Kirkland City Council and Kurt Triplett, its City Manager.
(2) Resolution R-5016, Approving an Amendment to an Interlocal Agreement with the Finn Hill Park and Recreation District Concerning O. O. Denny Park.
(3) Resolution R-5017, Approving an Interlocal Agreement With the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation for Operation and Maintenance of O. O. Denny Park.
(4) Resolution R-5018, Approving an Interagency Agreement for Funding the Regional Stormwater Monitoring Program Between the State of Washington Department of Ecology and the City of Kirkland and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Interagency Agreement.
(5) Resolution R-5019, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the 2013-15 Municipal Stormwater Capacity Grant Agreement Between the State of Washington Departmetn of Ecology and the City of Kirkland and to Accept $50,000 for National Pollution Discharge Elimination System Permit Implementation and $120,000 for Stormwater Planning and Design.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Requesting Budget Adjustment for NE 112th Street Sidewalk Project
(2) NE 120th Street Extension Project Status Update and Authorization to Bid
(3) Resolution R-5020, Authorizing the City to Continue Participation in the Regional Advisory Council for the Eastside Rail Corridor to Establish Collaborative Working Relationships and Continue Planning Efforts With the Owners of the Eastside Rail Corridor.
(4) Accepting Tourism Development Committee Resignation
(5) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Preliminary Property Tax Levies:
(1) Ordinance O-4425, Establishing the Anmount of Property Taxes to be Levied for the Year 2014, the Second Year of the City of Kirkland's 2013-2014 Fiscal Biennium.
(2) Ordinance O-4426, Establishing the Amount of Property Taxes to be Levied for the Year 2014, to Pay the Fire District 41 Debt Service Assumed as a Result of Annexation of the North Juanita, Finn Hill, and Kingsgate Neighborhoods on June 1, 2011.
b. 2013-2014 Mid Biennial Budget
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Amendment of the 2013-2014 Capital Improvement Program
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Ordinance O-4427 and its Summary, Relating to Cross Kirkland Corridor Trail Use Regulations and Adopting a Cross Kirkland Corridor Trail User Code of Conduct.
a. City Council
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Public Safety Committee
(3) Community Planning, Housing and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(5) Regional Issues
b. City Manager
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE