KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. 2015-2020 Capital Improvement Program
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. To Review the Performance of a Public Employee
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Rotary Club of Kirkland and Kirkland Parks Foundation Donations: Waverly Beach Park Community Picnic Shelter
b. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Winter 2015 Graduation #20
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) November 4, 2015
(2) November 4, 2015
b. Audit of Accounts:
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) Waverly Beach Park Renovation Phase I Project, Nordland Construction NW, Nordland, WA
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Resolution R-5168, Adopting the 20-Year Forest and Natural Areas Restoration Plan.
(2) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Preliminary Property Tax Levies:
(1) Resolution R-5167, Making a Declaration of Substantial Need for Purposes of Setting the Limit Factor for the Property Tax Levy for 2016.
(2) Ordinance O-4500, Establishing the Amount of Property Taxes to be Levied for the Year 2016, the Second Year of the City of Kirkland's 2015-2016 Fiscal Biennium.
(3) Ordinance O-4501, Establishing the Amount of Property Taxes to be Levied for the Year 2016, to Pay the Fire District 41 Debt Service Assumed as a Result of Annexation of the North Juanita, Finn Hill, and Kingsgate Neighborhoods on June 1, 2011.
b. 2015-2016 Mid-Biennial Budget
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Resolution R-5169, Approving a City of Kirkland Legislative Agenda to be Addressed to the 2016 Session of the State Legislature.
b. Impact Fee Update Adoption:
(1) Ordinance 4502 and its Summary, Relating to Transportation Impact Fees and Amending Chapter 27.04 of the Kirkland Municipal Code
(2) Ordinance O-4503 and its Summary, Relating to Park Impact Fees and Amending Chapter 27.06 of the Kirkland Municipal Code.
(3) Ordinance O-4504, Relating to School Impact Fees and Amending Sections 27.08.030 and 27.08.150 of the Kirkland Municipal Code.
c. Resolution R-5170, Adopting an Updated Comprehensive Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Plan for the City of Kirkland.
d. Resolution R-5171, Adopting the Transportation Master Plan.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Legislative Committee
(3) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Safety Committee
(5) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(6) Tourism Development Committee
(7) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE