KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Transportation Master Plan Update
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
a. Spring 2015 Employee Service Award Recognition
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: (1) May 11, 2015 Special Meeting
(2) June 2, 2015
b. Audit of Accounts
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
(1) 98th Avenue NE Forbes Creek Bridge Seismic Retrofit Project, Razz Construction, Bellingham, Washington
(2) Job Order Contract Program, Burton Construction, Inc., Spokane and Tumwater, Washington
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5129, Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the City of Kirkland and the City of Woodinville for the Provision of Municipal Court Services and Facilities.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) City Council Public Safety Committee Outstanding Agenda Topics
(2) Resolution R-5122, Relating to the City's Public Art Policy Guidelines.
(3) Resolution R-5130, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Lakeview Elementary Field Turf Construction Agreement Between SRMKJVD LLC and the City of Kirkland.
(4) Artsfund Economic Impact Study Eastside Breakout Report
(5) City Hall Renovation Phase 1 Re-Roof Project - Pre-Award of Contract
(6) Juanita Creek Rockery Replacement - Pre-Award of Contract
(7) N.E. 85th Street Corridor Improvement Update and Authorization of Night Work
(8) Acknowledging Library Board Resignation and Appointing New Library Board Member
(9) Resolution R-5131, Relinquishing Any Interest the City May Have in an Unopened Right-of-Way as Described Herein and Requested by Property Owners Edward and Oraphin Miller.
(10) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2015 Sate Legislative Update #10 and Council Appointed Voting Delegates to the Association of Washington Cities (AWC) 2015 Annual Business Meeting
b. Downtown Parking Status Update
c. Ordinance O-4483, Amending the Biennial Budget for 2015-2016.
d. Resolution R-5132, Authorizing the City Manager to Expend Approximately $49,000 in Park Acquisition Capital Improvement Program Funds for Site Evaluation of King County Parcel Nos. 282605-9085 and 282605-9018 for the Aquatics, Recreation and Community Center (ARC): Authorizing the City Manager to Begin Discussions for Possible Acquisition of Said Parcels; and, Authorizing Solicitation of Persons to Serve on Committees to Prepare Statements in Favor of and in Opposition to the Proposed Metropolitan District Ballot Measure.
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. 2035 Comprehensive Plan Briefings
b. 2035 Comprehensive Plan - Transmittal Letter to the Department of Commerce for Draft Plan Update
c. Resolution R-5128, Approving the Defeasance of All or a Portion of the City's Outstanding Limited Tax General Obligation Refunding Bonds, 2011 in the Amount of Not to Exceed
$1,530,000 and Authorizing the Director of Finance and Administration of the City to Perform the Requirements Necessary on Behalf of the City to Defease Such Bonds Including the Submission of Any Documentation Relating Thereto.
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Legislative Committee
(3) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Safety Committee
(5) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(6) Tourism Development Committee
(7) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE