KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chamber
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
6:00 p.m. - Study Session
7:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. STUDY SESSION
a. Transportation Master Plan
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
5. HONORS AND PROCLAMATIONS
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
b. Items from the Audience
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: February 3, 2015
b. Audit of Accounts
c. General Correspondence
e. Award of Bids
f. Acceptance of Public Improvements and Establishing Lien Period
(1) 2014 Striping Project, Specialized Pavement Marking, Inc., Sumner, Washington
g. Approval of Agreements
(1) Resolution R-5108, Approving Participation by the City in a Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with the State of Minnesota Materials Management Division and Authorizing the City Manager to Sign.
h. Other Items of Business
(1) Park Board Resignation
(2) Ordinance O-4476 and its Summary, Relating to Zoning, Planning and Land Use; Adopting Minor Amendments Pursuant to Chapter 161 of the Kirkland Zoning Code (KZC); Repealing the Following Chapters of the KZC: 1, 15, 17, 18, 20, 25, 27, 30, 40, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, and 60; Adding New Chapters 1, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 of the KZC; Amending Portions of the Following Chapters of the KZC: 5, 72, 83, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 112, 114, 115, and 117; and Approving a Summary Ordinance for Publication; File No. CAM14-02011.
(3) Ordinance O-4471 and its Summary, Granting Level 3 Communications, LLC a Non-Exclusive Franchise for the Transmission of Telecommunications In, Through, Over and Under the Street Rights of Way of the City of Kirkland.
(4) Report on Procurement Activities
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Parkplace Amendments:
(1) Ordinance O-4473 and its Summary, Amending Ordinance O-4175 and Relating to Land Use and Planning; Establishing a Planned Action for the Parkplace Site in the Moss Bay Neighborhood Generally Located East of Peter Kirk Park, South of Central Way/NE 85th Street, West of 6th Street, and North of Kirkland Way Pursuant to the State Environmental Policy Act, RCW 43.21C.031.
(2) Ordinance O-4474 and its Summary, Relating to Comprehensive Planning and Land Use and Amending the Kirkland Zoning Code (Title 23 of the Kirkland Municipal Code), to Edit the CBD5A Zoning Text (File No. CAM14-02188).
(3) Ordinance O-4475 and its Summary, Relating to Planning and Land Use and Amending Title 3 of the Kirkland Municipal Code, Chapter 3.30 Design Review Board, to Amend "Kirkland Parkplace Mixed Use Development Master Plan Design Guidelines."
Staff will be requesting that City Council continue agenda item 9. b. to the March 3, 2015 City Council meeting.
b. Resolution R-5109, Approving an Agreement to Extend and Amend the Redevelopment Agreement for Totem Lake Mall and Authorizing the City Manager to Sign.
c. Resolution R-5110, Adopting the City of Kirkland 2015-2020 Transportation Improvement Program.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. 2015 State Legislative Update #3
b. Ordinance O-4477 and its Summary, Relating to Regulating the Provision of Single-Use Carryout Bags by Retail Establishments..
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. City Council Reports
(1) Finance and Administration Committee
(2) Legislative Committee
(3) Planning and Economic Development Committee
(4) Public Safety Committee
(5) Public Works, Parks and Human Services Committee
(6) Tourism Development Committee
(7) Regional Issues
b. City Manager Reports
(1) Calendar Update
13. ITEMS FROM THE AUDIENCE