This is a new rideshare pilot program brought to North Kirkland neighborhoods by King County Metro, in partnership with the City of Kirkland to provide community members with a new way to share the ride. This service provides shared rides, either one-time or recurring, to popular destinations and are available throughout the day, evening, and on weekends to provide residents with customized options for getting around when bus service can't meet their needs. Trips must be scheduled in advance through a local Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC).
Start scheduling or suggesting your community van trip by filling out this form.
Check out our current schedule here.
If you'd like to share a ride or suggest a trip, contact your Community Transportation Coordinator via email at CommVan@kirklandwa.gov or call 425-587-3924.
Community members travel together to local destinations throughout the day, evening and weekends.
Group trips and stops are preplanned ahead of time by the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC).
Riders contact their CTC to find a pre-scheduled community van trip or to request a new trip.
- Trips must have at least two passengers in addition to the volunteer driver; each rider will pay a Metro one-zone fare for the round trip while the driver travels for free.
Riders request a trip through the listed trip contact or CTC.
Riders can suggest a trip they know is popular with their friends and neighbors.
Accessible community vans are available upon request. Inform the CTC about your needs before your trip.
Fares are round trip and are priced at one zone off-peak, which is $2.75. Click here for King County Metro fare.
- Use the Transit to Go App on your phone: Click here to for more info and to download the app.
- ORCA Card if you have a monthly pass:
- Adult monthly pass ($99/month, based on a $2.75 fare).
- Regional Reduced Fare (RRFP) monthly pass for seniors or disabled riders ($36.00/month, based on a $1.00 fare).
- LIFT Monthly Pass for low-income riders ($54/month, based on a $1.50 fare).
- Youth Monthly Pass for youth riders under age 19 ($54.00/month, based on a $1.50 fare).
Become a volunteer driver for your trip or your community
Support your neighbors, your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive a week.
- Download, complete and sign the Driver Application form.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com.
- After receiving and reviewing your application, King County Metro and your Community Transportation Coordinator will contact you to complete your driver orientation and help you get started on the community trips.