Entry Level (Persons with no prior experience) - Must be 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED, have no felony convictions and must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington State Driver's License. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen. Entry Level Officers will attend the 720hr Basic Law Enforcement Academy while being paid by the department. Upon graduation from the Basic Law Enforcement Academy, entry level officers will be placed in a fifteen week Police Training Officer program for field training. Entry level officers are on probation for seventeen months from date of hire.
||The following are automatic disqualifiers - Applicants should not apply to our agency if they indicate any of the following:
- 1 or more traffic crime convictions in last 5 years (DWI, Suspended, Reckless, etc.)
- Suspension of driver's license within past 5 years.
- Applicant's driving record will be carefully reviewed.
- Illegal use of ANY controlled substance while employed in a criminal justice capacity.
- Pattern of illegal use of prescription medication.
- All illegal drug use will be closely scrutinized on a case by case basis.
- Any adult felony conviction.
- Any misdemeanor or felony conviction while employed in a criminal justice capacity.
- Adult misdemeanor convictions will be carefully reviewed.
- Juvenile felony convictions will be carefully reviewed.
- Been convicted of any crime under a domestic violence statue.
- Sold drugs.
- Been dishonorably discharged from the United States armed forces.
- Lied during any stage of the hiring process.
- Falsified his or her application, personal history questionnaire, or any other forms during hiring process.
- Previous revocation or denial of any (CJTC/POST) certified status, or suspension of current CJTC/POST certified status.
- Failure to pay income tax or child support.
- Current credit accounts, or unresolved accounts in collection will be carefully reviewed
- Any conduct or pattern of behavior that would tend to disrupt, diminish or otherwise jeopardize public trust in the law enforcement profession.
- Exposed tattoo's which can not be covered by a standard uniform of the day.