NOTICE OF VIRTUAL HEARING
Due to the Governor’s Orders regarding COVID 19, the Court remains closed to the public. Your hearing will be conducted by virtual appearance, please refer to your hearing notice for date, time, courtroom and case number. Please call or log in from your computer at least 10 minutes before your scheduled hearing and wait for court personnel to check you in.
Your hearing will be conducted in a specific courtroom. It is very important that you review your hearing notice to determine which courtroom: 1, 2 or 3 that is associated with your case.
Your Zoom hearing instructions for matters assigned to COURTROOM 1
Your Zoom hearing instructions for matters assigned to COURTROOM 3
Please refer to the above referenced Courtroom 1 or Courtroom 3 instructions to join the correct Zoom hearing for your case.
General information for those new to Virtual Hearings:
YOU HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO APPEAR BEFORE THE KIRKLAND MUNICIPAL COURT VIA THE ZOOM App. Follow the instructions to appear for your virtual hearing.
Allow plenty of time to prepare your equipment before joining the virtual hearing. Failure to attend your virtual hearing at your appointed time, will result in a noted failure to appear.
If using a smartphone or tablet use the Zoom Application to access your virtual hearing; visit the app store and download and install the ZOOM App.
If using a computer, you will be prompted to install when you join the meeting.
Go to: https://Zoom.us/Join
*Tips for Participating in the ZOOM Virtual Courtroom:
- When you join the virtual courtroom, you may be in a “waiting room” until the court clerk opens the meeting. Do not announce yourself, the clerk will obtain names of those in attendance. There may be several cases set on the docket at the same time.
- If calling in, call from a phone with a good connection.
- If you are represented by an attorney, talk to your attorney before the hearing date to discuss your case.
- You should remain in a muted status until your case is called to reduce background noise. When your case is called, unmute your device. The Judge will ask you to identify yourself, speak loudly and clearly.
- Follow directions from the Judge when it is your turn to speak.
- Hearings will be recorded using the court recording system.
- You may leave the ZOOM virtual hearing after your case has been resolved.
Additional instructions may be given to you by the Court or your Attorney during the hearing.
The Court Lobby services are closed to walk-in visitors, but available by phone at 425-587-3160.
If you have any questions, please contact your attorney or the court office.