Map Your Neighborhood (MYN) is a state-wide disaster preparedness program that empowers neighborhoods to prepare for emergencies and disaster situations. Working together develops stronger communities.
MYN Program Materials and Videos Click on this link for more information and program materials.
MYN Leader Info click on this link if you are a neighborhood leader and need information.
The MYN program will help you
- Learn the "9 Steps to Take Immediately Following a Disaster" to secure your home and to protect your neighborhood. These steps will help you to quickly and safely take actions that can minimize damage and protect lives.
- Identify the Skills and Equipment each neighbor has that would be useful in disaster response. Knowing which neighbors have supplies and skills helps disaster response and allows residents to contribute to the response in a meaningful way.
- Create a Neighborhood Map identifying the locations of natural gas and propane tanks for quick response if needed.
- Create a Contact List that helps identify those with specific needs such as elderly, disabled, or children who may be home alone during certain hours of the day.
- Work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood during the first hour following a disaster and take necessary actions.
To request Map Your Neighborhood materials, complete the MYN request form (PDF - 218 kb)
Forms can be dropped off, emailed, or mailed to:
Kirkland City Hall - Office of Emergency Management
123 5th Ave.
Kirkland, WA 98033
For further information, please contact the Office of Emergency Management or visit the Washington State Emergency Management Division website.