Thank you for your interest in Kirkland's Purchasing Services. Most of the City's purchasing services are centralized to provide efficient customer service.
The division provides the following:
- Purchases materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Obtains quotes and estimates for contracted services such as public works, professional services, and large equipment purchases.
Individual City departments have their specific needs and may place small orders directly with vendors and suppliers. Generally, orders in excess of $7,500 require at least three written quotes, and purchases over $50,000 usually require a publicly advertised formal process.
Interested in doing business with Kirkland?
- It is recommended that you register your business with MRSC Rosters on the appropriate roster(s).
- Check the City's website for open invitations for bids, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
- Check the online Planholder's List posted on the Builder's Exchange of Washington website to view current City of Kirkland public works projects for bidding.
- Make an appointment with a Purchasing Services representative to learn more about the City.
A Kirkland Business License
is required for all companies conducting business within Kirkland city limits.