Due to HIGH VOLUMES of processing we recommend you call the City of Kirkland in advance for wait times (425) 587-3005.
UPCOMING PASSPORT CLOSURES
open AM shift only
*** closed 12pm - 4:15 ***
January 1st 2020
January 20, 2020
Kirkland City Hall
123 Fifth Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033
Monday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM - 4:15 PM
The passport agent will stop taking applicants once full capacity is reached; this can be before 11:00 AM as well as before 4:15 PM. The passport agent is NOT able to accept applications after closing. It is highly recommended that you call in advance (425) 587-3005 for wait time.
Please note: The City of Kirkland does not make appointments for Passport Application Processing. Processing is done on a first come, first served basis.
- It takes approximately 15 minutes to process an application. To expedite this process, please bring photocopies of the front and back of all documents used to apply.
- All applicants must be present at time of application, regardless of age or previous passport status.
- Two forms of payment are required:
- US Department of State: MUST be a personal check, money order or cashier's check
- City of Kirkland execution fee: accepts cash, check or Visa/MasterCard
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents. If only one parent is available, a notarized Statement of Consent Form can be submitted, with front and back copy of photo ID.
- U.S. Department of State Application for a U.S. Passport
The City of Kirkland is a Passport Acceptance Facility, allowing us to assist with applications for a US passport. By US regulation, only federal, state or local government officials may serve as passport acceptance agents. Acceptance agents receive applications from the public and review them to ensure all necessary information and citizenship evidence is included. They administer the required oath and witness the applicants' signatures, then forward the applications to the Passport Services Agency (US Dept. of State) for issuance. Acceptance facilities also provide the public with general information on passport procedures and serve as a liaison between applicants and Passport Services Agencies.
The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a Passport Services Agency, not the City of Kirkland. To check on the status of a submitted passport, please call Toll Free 1-877-487-2778.