Skip to main content
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page Share this page

Mechanical, Plumbing & Electrical Permits

Trade permits are required for electrical, plumbing and mechanical work. Sometimes the work is permitted as part of an overall building permit. Other times, trade permits must be taken out separately.

Application & Checklists

Go to to apply online for a trade permit.

Additional Forms & Requirements

NOTICE: a number of these forms and documents are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF Adobe PDF Icon Logo Tiny format. It is recommended you download Adobe Acrobat Readerlinks to external site (a free program) to view these. For more information on PDF format visit our PDF format help page.

If you haven't found a form or document you are looking for, please look on the Development Services Forms or Publications page.

Building Services
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Counter closed 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday
123 Fifth Avenue, Kirkland WA 98033

General Inquiries
T. 425.587.3600 | F. 425.587.3651