Skip to main content
Twitter YouTube Print E-mail a friend this page Share this page

Permits & Applications

Permit Types

Single Family, Duplex & ADU Permits
Commercial TI (Interior only) Permits
Commercial, Multi-family & Mixed-use Permits
Demolition Permits
Mechanical, Plumbing & Electrical Permits
Other Permit Types

Find out if a Permit is Required for your project.

Note to Contractors: A City of Kirkland business license is required for all contractors prior to commencing any work. Please contact our Business Licensing division to obtain a license.

Permit Application Method

Electronically: Anywhere. Anytime.

When applying for a permit on, there is no need to print or bring any paperwork or construction plans in to City Hall.

If you need assistance, Permit Technicians are available to guide you through the online permit application process at the self-service computer located in the Development Services Center in the lobby of City Hall, during counter hours (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm & Wednesday 10:30am to 4:00pm).

Before coming in for assistance, please make sure you have read through the relevant Building Permit Application Checklist and have gathered all the relevant information needed for a successful application.

Building Services
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Counter closed 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday
123 Fifth Avenue, Kirkland WA 98033

General Inquiries
T. 425.587.3600 | F. 425.587.3651