Traffic Alert for July 4: Celebrate Kirkland! 4th of July Parade
Published on June 20, 2022
Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator
Kirkland Parks and Community Services
Drivers should expect traffic delays and restricted parking due to the 4th of July Parade to be held on Monday, July 4, 2022. The Lakeshore Plaza and Lake Street parking lots will be closed from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. The public boat launch will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Event information is available at kirklanddowntown.org.
The following roads will be closed and detours in place from 9:30 a.m. until the roads re-open at approximately 2 p.m.:
- 4th, 5th and 6th Avenues from 1st Street to Market Street
- 5th Avenue W from Waverly Way to Market Street
- Waverly Way from 5th Street West to Market Street
- 2nd & 3rd Street W from 5th Ave West to Waverly Way
- Market Street from 7th Avenue to Central Way
- Lake Avenue West
- 1st Street from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- 2nd Place from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- Central Way from Market Street to 3rd Street
- Park Lane from Lake Street to 3rd Street
- Kirkland Avenue from Lakeshore Plaza to Main Street
- Lakeshore Plaza from Market Street to Kirkland Avenue
- Lake Street from Central Way to 2nd Avenue S
- Main Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
Fireworks Ban Reminder: The sale, use and discharge of private, consumer fireworks is banned in Kirkland City limits. For more information, contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 425-587-3650.
Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov.
For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or email@example.com.