Spring 2022 Recycling Collection Event
Kirkland residents can recycle tricky items at our Spring Recycling Collection Event. Some items are accepted for free while others have a pass-through charge.
Accepted items (details below, click link to jump to material):
Download a flyer(PDF, 865KB)
- Open to Kirkland residents
- Wear masks while at the event - please refer to kingcounty.gov/covid for guidelines and recommendations.
- Pack your items so they can be removed quickly
- Cash only for all fees - please bring exact change if possible
What You Can Bring
Electronic peripherals (free)
- Printers, fax machines & scanners
- Cell phones, tablets & e-readers
- Mice & keyboards
- Fax machines & scanners
- Speakers & receivers
- VCRs & DVD/blu-ray players & portable DVD players
- Small appliances like blenders and coffeemakers
Not Accepted: NO TVs, computers, laptops, and monitors (see free recycling options for these)
Alkaline and lead-acid batteries (free)
- AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B, C, and D cell alkaline batteries
- Car, truck, marine, and motorcycle lead acid batteries
NO rechargeable, cell phone, or nickel-cadmium batteries accepted
NO lithium ion (li-ion) batteries accepted (often tool batteries, vape batteries, and cell phone batteries)
White block Styrofoam ($)
FEE: $10 per vehicle, regardless of quantity (no trailers) – cash only
- White expanded polystyrene (Styrofoam™) blocks only.
All items must be clean and dry. No tape or labels.
NO colored Styrofoam™, foam meat trays, foam takeout clamshells, packing peanuts, urethane foam cushions, hot tub covers, expanded polypropylene or foam insulation. Dispose as garbage or see drop-off options.
Propane tanks ($)
- Empty residential propane tanks - $5 each
- Empty camping stove tanks - $1 each
FEE: $20 per mattress and $20 per box spring – cash only
- Mattresses, any size - traditional, box spring, and memory foam
- Box springs, any size
All items must be clean and dry. Please cover in the event of rain.
Futons, wet or soiled items, furniture, frames. Vendor reserves the right to refuse any item deemed unacceptable or unrecyclable.
Porcelain toilets, sinks and tubs ($)
FEE: $15 each toilet or sink (no fee for tubs) – cash only
Toilet seats, hardware, and base wax rings must be removed.
Refrigerant (CFC) appliances ($)
- Refrigerators / freezers - $30 each
- Air conditioners - $35 each
Cash only. Please bring exact change.
Scrap metal and appliances (free*)
- Auto parts
- Gas mowers (drain gas/oil)
- Ferrous & non ferrous metals
- *Water heaters - $5 cash each that still has insulation coating
Insulated; rubber/oil-coated; contained paint, oil, chemicals, gas, or hazardous materials; electrical ballasts; sealed drums
Scrap wood and logs (free)
LIMIT: two loads per household
- clean wood & plywood
- branches - 6” diameter or larger
All wood should be unpainted, untreated, and unstained. Lay a tarp under materials for ease of removal.
Painted/stained wood, particle board, small branches, brush
- Bias ply tires
- steel belted tires
- studded tires
Fees for passenger tires:
$0 / tire not on rim (first four)
$1.50 / each tire not on rim after first four
$3.00 / tire on rim
Fees for truck tires:
$9 / large truck tire
$18 / truck tire on rim
Cash only. Please bring exact change.
Shredding will not be available at this event. Find free shredding events on the Attorney General's website. Paid shredding services are available at office supply stores. Sign up for our recycling event email alerts to learn about upcoming events in Kirkland.
Questions accepted until Friday May 13 at noon, so there is time to respond. Email email@example.com or call the Recycling Hotline at (425) 587-3812. If you leave a voicemail, please specify what your question is.
Looking for another material? See our drop-off recycling guide or contact us with questions.
About this event
This event is hosted by the City of Kirkland's Solid Waste team using funding from King County Solid Waste Division and the Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
Sign up for our recycling event email alerts to hear about upcoming events and get reminders.
Saturday, May 14, 2022 | 09:00 AM
- 03:00 PM
In South Parking lot - use entrance on 132nd Ave NE
Lake Washington Institute of Technology, 11605 132nd Ave NE, Kirkland 98034 View Map