Green Kirkland Day at Crestwoods Park
Next date: Saturday, October 23, 2021 | 01:00 PM
to 03:00 PM
Join us for Green Kirkland Day as we kick-off the planting season at Crestwoods Park!
Pre-registration is requested for all Green Kirkland events.
Volunteers will help restore critical habitat by removing invasive plants such as blackberry or ivy, planting native plants, and pitching-in with stewardship tasks like mulching and weeding. With your help, this park with have healthy and thriving natural areas for years to come!
All experience levels and ages are welcome following the safety and event guidelines (see below). Tools and training are provided. Events are 100% outdoors and occur rain or shine!
This event is led by Green Kirkland Steward, Karen.
For general information about what to expect at Green Kirkland events visit the ‘What to Expect Page'.
How to Register to Volunteer:
Follow this link to our Eventbrite page for this event date to register to volunteer.
Pre-registration is requested for all participants to ensure we are following public health guidelines and have enough tools/space.
After registering on Eventbrite, you will receive confirmation emails with safety information and important details about your event.
What to Expect:
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
Green Kirkland stewardship events follow a City of Kirkland approved COVID-19 safety plan. As of July 13, 2021 many requirements have been reduced or removed. Summary of current requirements:
- Face coverings are not required to be worn by volunteer participants at Green Kirkland outdoor stewardship events.
- Physical distancing is no longer a requirement for event operations and participants.
- Maximum participant numbers are no longer capped by COVID restrictions.
- Pre-registration is requested from participants. Event leaders may elect to allow non-registered participants (e.g. drop-in) to sign the roster and participate at the event on a site by site basis.
- Health self-screening has been simplified: Please stay home if you do not feel well or have any Covid or flu-like symptoms.
- Tool sharing is permitted when needed. Gardening gloves should always be worn when handling all tools.
- Cleaning supplies or staff assistance for cleaning is available upon request.
- Hand sanitizer or a hand washing facility is available onsite.
It is recommended that you bring and wear a face covering if you are unvaccinated and/or need to use crowded, indoor facilities. Any participant or event leader is welcome to wear a face covering. As an event volunteer, please be aware that you may be around other volunteers, leaders or park users who are not wearing face coverings.
What to Bring and Wear:
- Wear Closed toed shoes (ex. tennis shoes, sneakers or boots but no sandals)
- Clothes that can get dirty/muddy.
- Long pants and long sleeves to protect against plants/abrasion.
- Bring rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection as needed.
- Bring your own water and snacks.
- Bring your own work/garden gloves.
Tools are provided. For more tips on what to bring and wear visit the ‘What to Expect Page’.
Parking & Meeting Location:
Meet near the picnic tables by the playground. Parking is available in the parking lot.
Minors under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult who will remain onsite and supervise the minor for the duration of the event.
Youth ages 14 to 17 must either be accompanied by an adult or bring a signed youth waiver form. The youth waiver form can be found here(PDF, 79KB).
Court-ordered/mandated service options are limited. If this applies to you, visit the ‘What to Expect Page'.
Saturday, October 23, 2021 | 01:00 PM
- 03:00 PM
1818 6th Street, Kirkland 98033 View Map