Resources for Kirkland Residents Impacted by COVID-19

The most update-to-date information on the City's response to COVID-19 is available here.

The City of Kirkland has compiled the following resources for residents impacted by COVID-19.

Please check back for updates as more resources are identified.

COVID-Resident-Postcard-thumbnail.jpgThe City of Kirkland has mailed an informational postcard(PDF, 213KB) to each residential address in Kirkland to connect residents who are homebound with needed services. The postcard provides three phone numbers of important information and resources that may be helpful for residents who are homebound:

  • 1-800-525-0127 – Washington State Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center
  • 1-866-427-4747 – 24-Hour Crisis Line
  • 1-425-207-4777 – Sound Generations Call Center for people unable to get food

How to Get Help


Rent. The Governor ordered a moratorium on residential evictions,  However, rent will still be due to property managers. There are Emergency Financial Assistance resources to help keep you housed. Call King County 2-1-1 line to be assessed for eligibility for housing stability funds. In August, King County launched its King County Eviction Prevention and Rent Assistance Program to assist households economically impacted by the coronavirus due to illness, loss of income or unemployment. Visit the King County Department of Community and Human Services COVID-19 response webpage for more information. 

The following programs also offer emergency financial assistance on the Eastside:

  • Hopelink 425-889-7880 or inquire online 
  • Attain Housing provides eviction prevention and move-in assistance for families with children through its Stable Home program. Website or Phone: (425) 828-0489.
  • Muslim Community Resource Center offers rent and utility assistance, food assistance, prescription and medication assistance.  Information on their website. You can apply for assistance here. Phone: 1 (888)-404-6272
  • Catholic Community Services’ Eastside office accepts calls from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesdays at 425-213-1963 extension 2. Website.
  • United Way Home Base program provides emergency rental assistance. Website.
  • The Salvation Army provides emergency assistance, call 425-452-7300

Legal Assistance. The following organizations offers free legal assistance to low income renters in Kirkland:

  • The Eastside Legal Assistance Program provides no cost civil legal aid. Contact the intake line at: (425) 747-7274 to access services. Leave a message with your name and phone number, along with a brief description of your legal issue. Someone will return your call within 48 hours. 
  • The King County Bar Association (KCBA) Housing Justice Project offers help with eviction matters. Please call: (253) 234-4204 and state your name, your phone number, and a brief description of the legal documents your landlord has served you, or the questions you would like to ask an attorney. If English is not your first language, and you would like assistance from an interpreter, please state the language you speak. The hours are 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday.  

Mortgage. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation is working with financial institutions to consider all reasonable and prudent steps to assist customers in communities affected by the COVID-19.  Regulatory agencies have encouraged financial institutions to work with customers impacted by COVID-19.  Contact your mortgage company directly for help meeting your financial needs.


Electricity & Gas. Crisis-Affected Customer Assistance Program - Puget Sound Energy has grant funds available for households with income reductions due to COVID-19. This is part of the Puget Sound Energy response plan for COVID-19, including no disconnections of customers and waiving late fees during this time.

Water, Sewer, Garbage. The City of Kirkland offers reduced water, sewer and garbage rates for qualifying low income, single family residential customers who are 62 years or older, blind, disabled, or home kidney dialysis customers. 

At its March 31 virtual meeting, the City Council approved Ordinance 4722 which allows the City, during the current emergency proclamation, to temporarily defer and suspend the payment of all utility charges and taxes otherwise provided for in Titles Five and Seven of the Kirkland Municipal Code (“KMC”), and also to waive any late fees, penalties or interest payments that might otherwise have accrued during such deferral and suspension. Deferrals will be granted upon request.

Information & Referral

King County 2-1-1 connects people to the help they need.
Just call "2-1-1" or 
Text your zip code to 877-211-9274 or

Community Living Connections is an informational and referral service for older adults, adults with disabilities, caregivers and family members - Call 1-844-348-5464

Health Care

Determine if you are eligible for Washington State’s Medicaid Program Apple Health.

Learn about the coronavirus-related needs covered by Medicare.

Have concerning symptoms, but don’t have a primary care doctor? Call to be screened:

  • Eastgate Public Health Center at 206-477-8000
  • International Community Health Services (ICHS) 425-373-3030
  • HealthPoint 425-882-1697

Dental needs? During this public health emergency, these agencies are assisting with dental emergencies only:

  • Eastgate Public Health Center at 206-477-8000
  • International Community Health Services (ICHS) 425-373-3030
  • HealthPoint 425-883-8000

Mental health needs?

  • The Washington Recovery Helpline offers 24-hour help for substance abuse, problem gambling & mental health.
  • Crisis Connections 24-Hr Crisis Line: 866-427-4747
    The 24-Hour Crisis Line provides immediate help to individuals, families, and friends of people in emotional crisis. They can help you determine if you or your loved one needs professional consultation and can link you to the appropriate services. They are a primary source for linking King County residents to emergency mental health services.


Employment Security – Job Service Center. Unemployment benefits information, job training, and WorkSource resources. Website:  Phone: 1-800-318-6022



Are you unable to get food? Call the Kirkland Food Hotline at 425-207-4777 
The City of Kirkland has partnered with Sound Generations to field calls from residents in need of food but who are unable to get any due to the impacts of COVID-19 on our community. When someone calls 425-207-4777, call center staff at Sound Generations will ask a few questions about the caller’s situation to connect them with needed services. The only requirement to receive assistance with food is to be a Kirkland resident. If callers cannot afford food, then volunteer drivers will pick up and deliver foodbank boxes from Hopelink. For those callers that can purchase food but have no way to get it, volunteer drivers will call back and arrange for meeting food needs.

Lake Washington School District's free "grab and go" meal program has been extended into the fall. As of September 1, 2020, Lake Washington School District offers free meals to children ages one through 18 with pickup available from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays at six locations. Meals should be ordered in advance. For more information, including pickup locations, visit the Lake Washington School District website

Pickup is currently available on Tuesdays and Thursdays at six locations.

Hopelink is providing pre-packed boxes of food at their Kirkland location. Quantity: Enough food is provided for 21 meals per person.  Pickup Address: 11011 120th AVE NE, Kirkland.  Know someone in need of food who cannot pick up food for themselves? You can pick up for them! Hours of service:

  • Tuesdays 12 - 4 p.m.
  • Wednesdays 3 - 7 p.m.
  • Thursdays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.


The Kirkland Boys and Girls Club is offering extended programming during the coronavirus situation. 

The Department of Children, Youth and Families, in coordination with state partners, is developing additional childcare options for different age groups. Please stay tuned and look for future announcements. Families can:

  • Visit Child Care Aware. They are equipped to assist families in finding child care nearby your home and/or your workplace, or call 1-800-446-1114 and the WA CCA team will help you search for alternative child care.
  • Utilize the Family, Friends & Neighbor program or call 1-866-482-4325.

Learn more:

Domestic Violence

Do you or a loved one need support because of violence within the home? Please call LifeWire’s 24-Hour Helpline at 425-746-1940 or 800-827-8840

Have you or a loved one experienced sexual assault? Please call the 24-Hour Sexual Assault Resource Line: 1.888.99.VOICE (1.888.998.6423)

Internet Access

Comcast is offering two months free for new customers to its Internet Essentials package and has increased the speed of Internet Essentials.


On March 30, King County Executive Dow Constantine has extended the first-half 2020 property tax deadline to June 1. This executive order only applies to individual residential and commercial taxpayers who pay property taxes themselves, rather than through their mortgage lender. Banks and other financial institutions that pay property taxes on behalf of their lending customers will still need to meet the original April 30 deadline.

Internal Revenue Service offers help for taxpayers, businesses, and others affected by COVID-19. Payment plan website:

Senior Resources

Resources for Kirkland Seniors

Although the Peter Kirk Community Center is currently closed to help protect our most vulnerable population and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community, there are resources available that seniors can access over the phone. These resources are aimed at Kirkland community members age 50 and above. 

Peter Kirk Community Center - 425-587-3360
The Peter Kirk Community Center is closed to the public. Staff is still answering phone calls to help with resources for community members.  Meals on Wheels services are intact and operational, with meals delivered to homebound seniors in Kirkland.

Social Worker: Cindy Tang, MS, LSW - 425-286-1047
Phone consultation for those needing assistance from a social worker with concerns or problems such as isolation, depression, grief and loss. This service is provided through the Peter Kirk Community Center, the Northshore Senior Center and EvergreenHealth.

Nurse: Lydia Barnsley, LPN - 425-286-1029
Phone consultation for those needing assistance from a nurse with concerns or questions about isolation, depression, health and well-being. This service is provided through the Peter Kirk Community Center, the Northshore Senior Center and EvergreenHealth.

Community Resource Specialist: Gul Subaykan – 425-286-1072
Phone consultation for those needing assistance with VA benefits, DSHS assistance, public utilities, food assistance and financial assistance programs through the County, State and Federal governments. This service is provided through the Peter Kirk Community Center, the Northshore Senior Center and King County.

Limited transportation may be available for medical appointments (Doctor appointments, prescription pickups, etc.) and food related trips (meals delivered to seniors at home or that need to go to the grocery store). Participants must be symptom free and this service is only available if drivers are available. At this time, we cannot guarantee this service. Please call 425-286-1026 to check availability. This service is provided through the Peter Kirk Community Center, the Northshore Senior Center and King County.


FindARide is an online resource that allows you to search and discover transportation options.
If you have a hard time navigating the website, you can call 425-943-6760 ext 2. Someone will return your call as soon as possible.

Need to ride the bus, but are not an experienced user:
Call 206-553-3000 or go to

Are you a Medicaid client?
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation is accessed through 1-800-923-7433
More information is available

Additional Resources

Looking for additional resources?

Eastside For All has compiled a comprehensive resource list for Kirkland and neighboring communities. King County has recently published a COVID-19 Resource Guide.

Other Financial Support from the State  

Washington State Department of Financial Institutions has developed a list of financial resources for Washington consumers impacted by COVID-19.  Find information related to unemployment, trouble paying rent, credit cards and mortgages, student loan deferment, short term emergency loans, Insurance Issues, and avoiding scams at its website: Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19

Being a Good Neighbor During an Uncertain Time

Anti-Stigma-Resources-badge.png  In this time of uncertainty, it is important that we remember our community’s values of being safe, inclusive, and welcoming.  We are all in this together, and we all have a role to play. It is critical to remember that misinformation about COVID-19 can create fear and hostility that hurts people and makes it harder to keep everyone healthy.  No race, nationality, or ethnicity is more likely to have COVID-19.  Speak up if you hear, see, or read harassment, and avoid spreading misinformation. 

Public Health - Seattle & King County has developed various resources for responding to stigma.

Resources for Pet Owners

The City of Kirkland has made temporary changes to pet licensing to help make it easier for people to license their pets during this challenging time. Any Kirkland pet owners that license their pets during the COVID-19 emergency proclamation will have all late fees waived. Pet owners will also not have to provide proof of rabies vaccination if they do not have it available at the time of licensing. 

King County has information on a regional effort to ensure pet owners are able to keep their animals happy and healthy by addressing food insecurity in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. More info at King County's Pet Assistance Program webpage. 

Resources for Kirkland Business Impacted by COVID-19

The City of Kirkland City has compiled resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19.

This information is being provided to you by the City of Kirkland for informational purposes only. The City makes no specific representations or endorsements with respect to these programs and services.