COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information

Image of Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery planPublic Health - Seattle & King County is your primary source of information for COVID-19 (coronavirus). Please visit their website for the latest information. 

COVID-19 (coronavirus) is an active situation that changes frequently. The City of Kirkland is proactively monitoring public health information for any potential implications for our community.

The State of Washington has removed many COVID-19 restrictions, but the COVID-19 delta variant is spreading fast. As of August 23, 2021 masks are required for everyone in public indoor spaces, and recommended in crowded outdoor settings. For more information, please see the governor's announcement and Safe Reopening FAQ. The best protection for individuals and communities is to get a COVID-19 vaccine. For updates about COVID-19 vaccine eligibility and requirements, see COVID-19 vaccine FAQ. For more information, please see the Public Health - Seattle & King County 

Currently, all Washingtonians over the age of 12 are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Phase Finder, the state’s online vaccine eligibility tool, is no longer required to verify COVID-19 vaccine eligibility. 


Phase Finder, the state’s online vaccine eligibility tool, is no longer required to verify COVID-19 vaccine eligibility. Currently, all Washingtonians over the age of 12 are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination.

People who want a vaccine should check the Washington State Department of Health’s (DOH) eligibility summary on the DOH webpage to find out if they are eligible to get vaccinated. Those who are eligible can then use Vaccine Locator to find an appointment. Those who visit the Phase Finder site will be directed to Vaccine Locator.

Vaccine Locator is available in 30 languages and will add seven more languages by the end of April. Those who have further questions or need help making an appointment can call the state’s COVID-19 information hotline at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Language assistance is available.

For more information about getting vaccinated in King County, visit:

Status of City Operations

All Kirkland parks and community centers are open and regular summer recreation programming is underway.  The remaining City facilities reopened on August 2, 2021 for public in-person services, with the exception of fire stations that will remain closed to the public until further notice. 

Many City services are available online or by phone at 425-587-3000. Residents can also use the Our Kirkland portal to access services and ask questions. Staff are monitoring email and voice mail messages during regular businesses hours and will respond to voice mail or email messages as quickly as possible.

Mask and Health Protocols for Visiting City Facilities

Members of the public are required to wear a face covering in all City of Kirkland facilities to protect the health and wellbeing of staff and visitors.  Reusable masks will be available at all City facilities for the public to use and keep.  City staff are required to wear face coverings while interacting with the public and with other staff members.

Health Screening

  • When entering City facilities everyone is asked to do a quick contactless temperature check, review the COVID symptom list and wear a mask. Even if you are fully vaccinated, we ask you take this extra step to help protect staff and visitors that might not be vaccinated. Reusable Masks are available at entrances, just in case you don’t have one handy.
  • To help protect those that aren’t vaccinated please keep 6 feet of social distancing between you and others when in City facilities.
  • The City is taking additional efforts to keep facilities clean. Including extra janitorial services, having hand sanitizer available, and providing staff with cleaning supplies for use.
  • To protect everyone, some services have clear shields between staff and guests, and all City staff will be wearing face coverings during public interactions. 

 This information is subject to change based on evolving conditions and public health guidance.

Emergency Response

The City of Kirkland Fire and Police departments continue to respond to emergency calls. In case of a life-threatening emergency, residents should call 911 right away. For non-emergencies call 425-577-5656. First responders are following Public Health guidelines for personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect the community and themselves.

City Council

City Council meetings are currently streamed live on the City website, the City's Facebook page, and Youtube, or can be watched on TV on Comcast Cable Channel 21 or Ziply Cable Channel 31. The City Council encourages participation from members of the public, who can provide comment in advance of the meeting via email or phone. Additionally, Council will accept live spoken commentary under 'Items from the Audience' at regular meetings via Zoom on a computer or telephone connection.

The City Council will host hybrid (in-person and virtual) council meetings starting in October. Boards and Commissions will continue remote meetings until after the first hybrid city council meeting, at which time, based on the results of the city council meeting, they may begin hybrid meetings.

For more information, visit the City Council webpage.

Passport Services

The City of Kirkland Passport Acceptance Facility will open to the public on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 by appointment only. At this time, reservations are being taken for appointments through September 30, 2021. View the Apply for a Passport page for more information.


Department Information

For other department services, visit their department websites or call 425-587-3000.