Contact: Sudie Elkayssi
KIRKLAND, Wash – Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the Kirkland Shamrock Run to be held at Marina Park on Saturday, March 14, 2015. A route map is posted online at www.kirklandwa.gov/specialevents. The Lakeshore Plaza Lot, including Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street to the city dock, will be closed from 5:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Northbound and southbound detours will be in place and the following lanes, including the boat launch, will be closed from 8:45 a.m. until the final athlete finishes at approximately 11:00 a.m.:
Parks and Community Services
- Eastbound and westbound lanes of Kirkland Avenue from city dock to Main Street
- Eastbound lane of Kirkland Avenue from Main Street to Kirkland Way
- Eastbound lane of Kirkland Way from Kirkland Avenue to 6th Street
- Northbound lane of 6th Street from Kirkland Way to 10th Avenue
- Westbound lane of 10th Avenue from 6th Street to Market Street
- Northbound lane of Market Street from 10th Avenue to 14th Avenue
- Westbound lane of 14th Avenue W from Market Street to 6th Street W
- Southbound lane of 6th Street W from 14th Avenue W to Waverly Way
- Southbound lane of Waverly Way from 6th Street W to Market Street
- Southbound lane of Market Street from Waverly Way to Lakeshore Plaza
Event organizers anticipate 2,000 athletes will participate in the 4th annual event. Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/. For event information, go to www.explorekirkland.com.
For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or email@example.com.