Parks and Community Services
May 2, 2018
KIRKLAND, Wash – Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the Kirkland Mother’s Day Half Marathon and 5K run to be held at Juanita Beach Park on Sunday, May 13, 2018. A course map is posted online at www.kirklandwa.gov/specialevents. Course impacts will include lane closures and/or delays from approximately 6:30 a.m. until noon. Detours will be in place.
Road closures include:
6:30 a.m. until noon
• 97th Avenue NE between NE Juanita Drive and NE 120th Street
7:30 a.m. until 8:00 a.m.
• 110th Avenue NE between NE 58th Way to NE 59th Street
• NE 59th Street between 110th Avenue NE to 108th Avenue NE
• Northbound 108th Avenue NE/6th Street S from NE 59th Street to the Cross Kirkland Corridor/5th Place S
7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
• Northbound 110th Avenue NE from 12th Avenue to Cross Kirkland Corridor
• Northbound 6th Street from 10th Avenue to 12th Avenue
• Eastbound 12th Avenue from 6th Street to 110th Avenue NE
7:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m.
• City boat launch
• Southbound Lakeshore Plaza from Market Street to Kirkland Avenue
• Eastbound Kirkland Avenue from city dock to Lake Street
7:30 a.m. until noon
• NE Juanita Drive between 93rd Avenue NE and 98th Avenue NE
Event organizers expect 1,000 athletes will participate in the event which includes a Kids Dash, 5K run/walk and Half Marathon run/walk. Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for parking in advance. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/. For event information, go to www.explorekirkland.com. For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.