Communications Program Manager
Kirkland, Wash. – The City of Kirkland and the Kirkland Alliance of Neighborhoods (KAN) is pleased to invite you to “The State of the City” address with Mayor Penny Sweet and City Manager Kurt Triplett on June 13 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Peter Kirk Room at Kirkland City Hall.
Community members will have the opportunity to hear about the latest updates on the City Council’s Work Program for 2019-2020. After the presentation, attendees can ask questions and engage in a dialogue with the Mayor and the City Manager.
“Engaging with our community members is a top priority for the Kirkland City Council,” said Mayor Penny Sweet. “I look forward to this opportunity to share our progress on our work program and get your feedback on the City’s direction.”
Some major initiatives that will be discussed include:
• Implementation of Prop 1 “Enhanced Police Services and Community Safety” measure
• Construction and operation of a permanent shelter for women and families with children
• Developing Safer Routes to School Action Plans for each public elementary, middle, and high school in Kirkland
• Construction of the Totem Lake Connector and other investments in Totem Lake and 85th St/I-405 Corridor
• Adopting a Sustainability Master Plan
For more information about the event, please contact Neighborhood Services Outreach Coordinator David Wolbrecht at email@example.com or 425-587-3011.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service, or activity of the City of Kirkland should contact the ADA Coordinator, Chris Thomas (ADACoordinator@kirklandwa.gov), Director of Human Resources (425-587-3210), as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event. This presentation, including any “Question and Answer” session, may be videotaped and aired on the City’s K-GOV channel (Comcast Channel 21/Frontier Channel 31), the City’s social media accounts, as well as posted to the Kirkland Alliance of Neighborhood webpage and the City’s On-Demand webpage.