Kirkland, Wash – This fall, learn how to lighten your footprint and reduce chemical use at home and in your garden with free workshops from Kirkland Conserves.
• Fall Groundwork for a Healthy Landscape - Sept. 10, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., McAuliffe Park.
Explore fall lawn care and learn the best techniques to protect your plants for winter, save water and grow attractive, robust plants next spring.
• Green Cleaning Workshop - Sept. 22, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 .pm., Kingsgate Library.
A sparkly clean home doesn’t have to be toxic. Get great tips and recipes for making your own safer cleaning products.
• Designing a Northwest Garden - Sept. 24, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., McAuliffe Park.
Learn how to design and plant a garden that weathers all seasons in the northwest.
• Clear Your Clutter Workshop - Sept. 29, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Kirkland Library.
Clutter is a huge culprit in creating unhealthy homes and lives. This workshop will teach you how to simplify your life, buy less, and make your home healthier and happier.
• Visit the Recycling Center - Oct. 6, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Visit Waste Management’s Cascade Recycling Center in Woodinville to see what happens to your recycling after it’s picked up from your home.
• Wildlife Garden for Natural Pest Control - Oct. 8, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., McAuliffe Park.
Beneficial wild fauna help plants in your garden bear fruit and fight pests - learn how to create a landscape that keeps helpful wildlife on site year round.
Space is limited, so sign up today at http://kirklandpw.eventbrite.com.
Our 5th annual Sustainability Education Series is offered in partnership with King County Library System and Seattle Tilth at McAuliffe Park. This biannual series teaches Kirkland residents how to live more sustainably.
For more information, contact Kirkland’s Recycling Hotline at 425-587-3812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.