Contact: Jim Lopez
City Manager’s Office
KIRKLAND, Wash. – The City of Kirkland will host its second City Hall for All event on October 6, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at City Hall, 123 5th Ave. The event will highlight how the City of Kirkland is a safe, inclusive and welcoming place for all people, and it will feature many opportunities for community members to learn about City and community resources and to provide feedback to the City on various topics.
“We’re proud of the diversity of residents and businesses in our community and that Kirkland is a welcoming place for all people,” said Mayor Amy Walen. “As we did last year, we’re opening wide our doors to connect members of our community with the resources they need to live, work and play in the City of Kirkland.”
At the event, attendees will be able to:
- Provide input on the City’s funding priorities for the next two years and whether those priorities are aligned with community expectations;
- Receive business assistance from local experts, whether attendees are planning a new business or want to take their business to the next level;
- Meet members of Kirkland’s City Council;
- Get on the same page about Kirkland Reads, the community-wide book club kicking off this fall;
- Learn ways to keep their neighborhood safe and connect more with their neighborhood;
- Provide insight in a focus group on possible ways to make Kirkland a more safe, inclusive and welcoming community; and
- Experience other activities, such as touring City Hall, learning how to prepare for a disaster and much more.
“City Hall is always open to everyone Monday through Friday,” said Walen. “This special event will provide members of the Kirkland community an interactive experience with their local government on a weekend day. For those who have never been to our City Hall, this is a fantastic opportunity to come experience the many ways that the staff and Councilmembers of the City of Kirkland are here to serve you. And for those steeped in civic life, this is a great opportunity to give the City feedback on a variety of timely topics.”
City Hall for All is free, family-friendly and open to all. Refreshments will be served. An updated listing of event attractions will be posted to the “City Hall for All” website in the coming weeks: www.kirklandwa.gov/cityhallforall.