Contact: Philly Marsh
City Manager’s Office
KIRKLAND, Wash. – Kirkland has won this year’s Best City in the 2018 Best of 425 Magazine awards. The Best of 425 awards are selected annually by thousands of readers who vote for their favorite places, people and services on the Eastside.
Kirkland’s “vibrant waterfront downtown,” “Cross Kirkland Corridor Trail,” “cutting-edge workplaces” and “great school system” are, according to the editors of 425 Magazine, the reasons why it won this year’s Best City.
“We are thrilled that the City of Kirkland has been recognized as the Best City for 2018,” said City of Kirkland Mayor, Amy Walen. “We pride ourselves on providing an excellent quality of life for our residents, with great schools, safe streets, a welcoming and inclusive community, a clean environment and beautiful parks. We are working hard to continually improve services for those that live, work, and play in Kirkland, while continuing to plan for future growth in our City. It is wonderful to be recognized for our efforts and commitment toward those goals.”
In addition to winning this year’s Best City, many Kirkland businesses won in their categories, including Best Public Elementary School, Best Hospital and Best Festival. The 425 Magazine Best of Award list includes:
- Best City, Kirkland
- Best Public Elementary School, Peter Kirk Elementary, Kirkland
- Best Hospital, Evergreen Health, Kirkland
- Best Festival, Kirkland Oktoberfest, Kirkland
- Best Art Gallery, Ryan James Fine Arts, Kirkland
- Best Car Dealership, Lee Johnson, Kirkland
- Best Clothing Boutique, Via Lago, Kirkland
- Best Men’s Clothier, Seattle Thread Company, Kirkland
- Best Women’s Shoes, Crush, Kirkland and Edmonds
- Best Grocery Store, PCC, Kirkland and various locations
- Best Mexican, Cactus, Kirkland and various locations
- Best Coffee Shop, Mercury Coffee, Kirkland and various locations
- Best Food Truck, The Box, Kirkland
- Best French restaurant, Le Grand Bistro, Kirkland
- Best Doughnut Shop, Top Pot, Kirkland
- Best Sandwich, Homegrown, Kirkland and various locations
- Best Pediatrician, Allegro Pediatrics, Kirkland and various locations
- Best Orthodontist, Neal Smiles Orthodontics, Kirkland
- Best Veterinarian, Dr Judy Hung, Eastside Veterinary Services, Kirkland and Newcastle
425 Magazine is a monthly Eastside magazine, focusing on local living, ideas and resources for gardening, designing, creating and building that are uniquely crafted to fit the Eastside lifestyle. The magazine aims to inspire and inform readers of the many options, specialists and resources that are available on the Eastside and beyond.
For more information on the 425 Magazine and a full list of the 2018 Best of 425 awards, visit the 425 Magazine website.