Join the Green Kirkland Partnership with the restoration of O. O. Denny Park and help save beautiful mature conifer trees while enjoying a view of the lake! Volunteers will spend the morning participating in restoration activities which may include removing non-native invasive plants like English ivy and Himalayan blackberry, spreading mulch over cleared areas, and planting native trees, shrubs and ground covers (Fall/Late Winter).
No experience necessary and all tools provided!
This event will be led by volunteer Green Kirkland Steward Ken.
To Register: Follow this link to the Green Kirkland Registration Page.
What to bring:
Where to meet:
* Closed Toed Shoes Required (ex: tennis shoes, sneakers or boots but no sandals)
* Clothes that can get dirty
* Raingear * Warm Layers * Long Pants/Long Sleeves
* Full water bottle & Snacks
* Tools, training and gloves are provided
Meet at the south side of the western parking lot. When you are looking at the lake from the lower parking lot this is to your left near the restrooms.
Parking is available in parking lots on either the west or east side of Holmes Point Road.
Youth Volunteering: Volunteers age 14-17 attending the event without a parent or guardian must bring a waiver signed by a parent or guardian to the event with them. Volunteers younger than 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Download the Green Kirkland Youth Volunteer Waiver.
Directions: Address of park is 12032 Holmes Point Road
From I-405 Northbound
1. Take exit 20A for Northeast 116th Street
2. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-405
3. Use any lane to turn left onto NE 116th St
4. NE 116th St turns slightly right and becomes NE Juanita Dr
5. Turn left onto 76th Pl NE
6. Continue onto Holmes Point Dr NE
From 405 Southbound
1. Take exit 20 for NW 124th
2. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto NE 124th St
3. Turn left onto 100th Ave NE
4. Continue onto NE 120th Pl
5. Turn right to stay on NE 120th Pl
6. Slight left onto 97th Ave NE
7. Continue onto Holmes Point Drive