Recycle plastic bags and film at this special safer recycling event. Open to Kirkland residents and businesses. We expect this event to be popular - please be prepared for a wait.
EVENT SAFETY PROCEDURES:
- wear your face covering
- stay in your vehicle unless directed otherwise - you may be asked to unload your own material into a container
- put your material in your trunk or backseat
- do not attend if you feel ill or have symptoms (staff will be self-screening before the event)
Following these safety guidelines will protect our staff and the community, and allow us to continue offering events this summer.
- plastic bags (including carryout bags, newspaper bags, and food packaging like bread bags)
- plastic film (like packing bubbles and plastic mailing envelopes)
- overwrap (like on household paper products)
- all items must be clean, dry, and empty of food
- staff reserve the right to refuse inappropriate materials
Accepted plastic film is slightly stretchy when you press it with your finger, not crinkly (e.g. grape bags are not accepted). More details about what types of plastic film are accepted.
Event may be subject to last-minute changes or cancellation.
See all our Safer Summer Recycling Events (pdf).