Recycle block Styrofoam at this special safer recycling event. Open to Kirkland residents and businesses. This event will be very popular - please expect a wait.
EVENT SAFETY PROCEDURES:
- wear your face covering
- stay in your vehicle unless directed otherwise - you may be asked to unload your own material into a container
- put your material in your trunk or backseat
- do not attend if you feel ill or have symptoms (staff will be self-screening before the event)
Following these safety guidelines will protect our staff and the community, and allow us to continue offering events this summer.
- Block white Styrofoam (coolers, packing blocks)
- All items must be clean and dry
- All packing tape and labels must be removed
- Items must be prepared before the event - there will not be time to peel off tape and labels at the event, it will be drop and go
- Staff reserve the right to refuse inappropriate or unprepared materials
- NO Styrofoam takeout containers
- NO Styrofoam meat or vegetable trays
Please dispose of these items in your garbage. You can also recycle them directly at the StyroRecycle facility in Kent.
We are hosting an additional safer block Styrofoam recycling event on August 22.
Event may be subject to last-minute changes or cancellation.
See all our Safer Summer Recycling Events (pdf).