The Recycling Collection Event is a twice-a-year event that allows Kirkland residents to dispose of recyclable items that are not normally accepted during weekly recycling collection service or through product stewardship programs. Instead of ending up in the landfill if thrown away as trash, all items collected at the event will be recycled.
No vehicles will be admitted after 3pm, sharp. No exceptions.
Note that this event is popular and there may be a wait to dispose of your items.
Cash only for all fees.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
11605 132nd Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98034
South Parking Lot - use East Campus Entrance on 132nd Ave NE
Cash only for all fees. Fees are a pass-through charge, at-cost for proper processing. Complete flyer with fees will be added when available.
- Air conditioners & dehumidifiers - fee
- Batteries (including rechargeable)
- Bulky wood (must be unstained, untreated, unpainted) - limit two loads per household
- Latex paint - fee
- Scrap metal (e.g. appliances, metal chairs, bikes, clean barbecues) - fee for water heaters with insulation
- Electronic equipment / peripherals (no TVs, computer monitors or laptops)
- Mattresses and box springs (must be dry and clean) - fee
- Porcelain toilets/sinks - fee
- Propane tanks (empty, residential only) - fee
- Small camping propane tanks (empty) - fee
- Refrigerators and freezers - fee
- Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts
- Tires - fee - charge varies depending on size and on/off rim
Confidential shredding will be available - limit four file-size boxes (or equivalent volume) of papers per household. Staples are OK, no binder clips. All paper is shredded on site the same day by Confidential Data Disposal.
Only items listed on the flyer (pdf) will be accepted.
- No motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze or other automotive fluids accepted at this event. Single family residents can recycle motor oil next to their cart - put in a clear milk jug and label with your name and address. Automotive fluids can be disposed at hazardous waste facilities.
- No CFL bulbs or fluorescent tubes. Recycle year-round at LightRecycle sites. In Kirkland, Crescent Lighting Warehouse accepts tubes.
- Hazardous material is not accepted at the event, and should be disposed of at the Traveling Wastemobile or Factoria Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off site.
- Contact the Recycling Hotline with questions at (425) 587-3812 or email@example.com. Questions accepted until Friday May 15 at noon.
Funding is provided by King County Solid Waste Division and Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.